Nirvana reissues at HT?

sugareggs

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, they are ORG press from Europe. 180 gram. This isn't exclusive to Hot Topic as the site says.

But, every picture I've seen of In Utero from the ORG press has been an opaque light yellow that matches the cover. These are a translucent bright yellow, so maybe that's an exclusive pressing? The others look the same.

Yes, they are ORG press from Europe. 180 gram. This isn't exclusive to Hot Topic as the site says.

But, every picture I've seen of In Utero from the ORG press has been an opaque light yellow that matches the cover. These are a translucent bright yellow, so maybe that's an exclusive pressing? The others look the same.

Trust me, it's the same.

Just got Incesticide and Nevermind today at my local HT (via my awesome girlfriend) and they sound great. Incesticide's general production is a bit more raw and demo-y and so it doesn't wow me as much as Nevermind which sounds astoundingly clear and brash.

Got an '03 reissue of In Utero in the mail today from eBay and it supposedly has the Albini mix of the album. Having nothing to compare it to (other than a CD copy from the 90's that I can't currently locate) I must say that it may very well be his beefier mix. The bass coming out of this thing is criminally heavy. The kick drum and bass guitar resonate like hell. I'm definitely impressed with the overall tone. It sound much more live in general than I ever remember the album sounding. Its very raw for sure. Thick as hell.

Just got Incesticide and Nevermind today at my local HT (via my awesome girlfriend) and they sound great. Incesticide's general production is a bit more raw and demo-y and so it doesn't wow me as much as Nevermind which sounds astoundingly clear and brash.

Got an '03 reissue of In Utero in the mail today from eBay and it supposedly has the Albini mix of the album. Having nothing to compare it to (other than a CD copy from the 90's that I can't currently locate) I must say that it may very well be his beefier mix. The bass coming out of this thing is criminally heavy. The kick drum and bass guitar resonate like hell. I'm definitely impressed with the overall tone. It sound much more live in general than I ever remember the album sounding. Its very raw for sure. Thick as hell.

For anyone who got the Nevermind 20th anniversary 4LP, do the 180g records feel lighter than 180g to you?

Mine don't feel like they are 180g. I'm probably wrong though.