has anyone ever had a job like this ?

icecream

That sounds awful.

I have three weeks of paid vacation a year and two weeks of paid sick time a year (plus this year i took a three month paid paternity leave when my son was born). I love my time off... I couldn't handle working non stop without time away from the office.

i've never had a paid vacation in my life....i really hope whatever job I end up with (if ever) it has paid vacation time....i literally can't fathom not being at work and still getting paid for it.

I've never had paid vacation time either. I can't wait to get a job where I can, so I don't have to worry about taking days off or being sick, then being short on money that pay period.

I got 40 hours paid time off plus time accrued after working at the place I'm working at now after only being there 6 months. Also, its super easy to ask off. The job is the most mindless, soul-sucking, menial thing ever, but with perks like that I can deal.

You guys get screwed for paid holiday over there. I work 10am-6pm 5 days a week and get 25 days paid holiday a year plus 10 days at christmas when the magazine closes for the holidays which i don't have to take as part of my allocation. Most places in europe are similar if not the same as this if you're on a salaried job.

You guys get screwed for paid holiday over there. I work 10am-6pm 5 days a week and get 25 days paid holiday a year plus 10 days at christmas when the magazine closes for the holidays which i don't have to take as part of my allocation. Most places in europe are similar if not the same as this if you're on a salaried job.

...god...fucking...damn it.

my last job, i worked 50-60 hours a week on average (sometimes more)....made about $15,000-$17,000 a year, no benefits, no paid vacation, no sick days, for the first 4 years i usually had 1 off day a week and if i had 2 they weren't consecutive...and for the first 4 years i had to work at least one shift a week closing (closed at 4a.m. didn't get out until around 6a.m. usually)

I've been applying for jobs for about 2 months straight, almost every single day and haven't so much as gotten a call back yet....i'm fucking pissed right now

my last job, i worked 50-60 hours a week on average (sometimes more)....made about $15,000-$17,000 a year, no benefits, no paid vacation, no sick days, for the first 4 years i usually had 1 off day a week and if i had 2 they weren't consecutive...and for the first 4 years i had to work at least one shift a week closing (closed at 4a.m. didn't get out until around 6a.m. usually)

I've been applying for jobs for about 2 months straight, almost every single day and haven't so much as gotten a call back yet....i'm fucking pissed right now

I had no idea how badly you guys got treated until a couple of years ago. I worked with an american girl and her sister was forced to come visit her for a long weekend at a time to avoid using up considerable chunks of her 10 days annual paid holiday. It's absolutely ridiculous that people should be made to work with so little time off. We have it easy over here!

I work 40-50 hours a week too, and only pull in about $15k after taxes. No benefits, no sicks days, no vacation. I pretty much got forced onto second shift too, so I'm here 4pm-midnight everyday but Wednesday and Thursday. I've been applying places too, but it's so hard to follow up with jobs you apply for online. Hopefully it'll all change if I can find a good internship in the Spring, and finally get my degree.

I had no idea how badly you guys got treated until a couple of years ago. I worked with an american girl and her sister was forced to come visit her for a long weekend at a time to avoid using up considerable chunks of her 10 days annual paid holiday. It's absolutely ridiculous that people should be made to work with so little time off. We have it easy over here!

It all depends on where you work. Lots of companies offer decent salaries, paid time off, benefits, etc. It's not always a job you will necessarily enjoy, but you have to weigh that against the benefits you're receiving.

Why do you people put up with such crappy job conditions? Working fulltime for $15,000 is a joke. I'd rather be unemployed than not have a day off and be paid that.

On the plus side, I work 8am-4pm and get 4 weeks paid holidays, 10 paid sick days, and every weekend off. Work to live, not live to work.

#yourdoingitwrong

Why do you people put up with such crappy job conditions? Working fulltime for $15,000 is a joke. I'd rather be unemployed than not have a day off and be paid that.

On the plus side, I work 8am-4pm and get 4 weeks paid holidays, 10 paid sick days, and every weekend off. Work to live, not live to work.

#yourdoingitwrong

if it were that easy, I can guarantee you that I would have a decent job already

I too, would have left ages ago if I could. There really is not much for jobs in my area, Akron is just an old industrial town that has been dead since the rubber industry left. Hell, we lost 20k people between the last 2 censuses, dropping us below 200k for the first time in well over 100 years.