ever meet anybody famous?

Guest genericinsight
well lemme say what happened:

ltj played last at warped, and then me and my friend hung around for a it and then started heading back. then we see roger (keep in mind that i play bass, and i was like 14 and WAY into ltj, so this dude is like my hero). and i walked up to him and was like "hey roger", and he was just sorta like "hey?". then my friend started talking about how he was "fucking amazing" and "awesome". so maybe that spooked him, but after my friend said all that he just walked away. weird.

Well you know, I always noticed that band members seem a little weirded out when random people they don't know address them by name. Possibly because they don't think fans would know the names of people in bands, so by the way you worded it, it sounds like he was just confused and thought maybe you knew him. I always took this as a sign to just approach someone and then introduce myself first before I realize that I know them by name (if I do at all). That's just how I see it.

yeah. most of the times i dont even know what the band i'm seeing looks like. lots of times it's just random guys walking around, then the next thing i know, they're up on stage singing the songs on the cd that's in my car.

haha one time i was talking about how i was so stoked to see ruiner in a family place down the street from the venue, and there were these two quiet people sitting next to me who i figured were going to the show too.

turns out it was the bassist and his girlfriend, i felt like a n00b.

^I've done something similar many times; I'll be waiting in line for a show and will start shit-talking one of the opening bands I don't give a fuck about, only to find out someone in that band was standing 10 feet away. This has happened multiple times.

when I went to see Fear Before I was there buying a shirt before they started and saying how shit i though the opening band was to the bloke on the stall.

I coulnd't believe it when I saw him up on stage with the band, he was their fucking bassist, and he just stood really politely while I shat all over his band, I felt so bad that i went to him after and bought their cd and said he'd changed my mind about them, I still don't like them though

I've met/partied with tons of band dudes, but the highlights were:

The Lawrence Arms having a sleepover at my friends place (they bought us pizza, and gave me like $60 of merch for free, amazing guys.)

Puking in Keith Buckley's toliet at a party after an ETID show in Buffalo. (Sorry about that!)

Skiba buying me shots of Jager and me blacking out... (lol)

I interviewed The Fall Of Troy in person last September when they played here with Secondsmile and Daughters (shit). Got in free too.

The drummer was a really nice guy, the singer said a lot in the interview too. The bassist completely ignored me for the whole night though. A bit gash tbh. But it was still awesome to be in their dressing room, plus they gave me a poster from their dressing and signed it for me/i asked for one and for them to sign it haha.

The interview is here if you want it.

http://musicwithadifferentsound.blogspot.com/2008_02_01_archive.html

i met mike herra and tom from mxpx, when i saw them once and asked mike if he had a change of pants...

i met matt pryr from the get up kids and he told me i had stinky feet.

i talked to the guitar player from bane for a long time(forgot his name but he is an awesome dude, he is the guy who is always going crazy in pictures).

i met edd form taking back sunday.

i met everybody in motion city soundtrack(though i dont really like them anymore).

i have hung out with the guys in as cities burn numerous times.

i have hung out with the guys in jonezetta numerous times as well.

aaron weiss from mewithoutyou has kissed me on the cheek(long but awesome story).

and alot of my friend are in some pretty well known bands.

I bought Keith Buckley a pint the other night.

I've met and/or partied with quite a few dudes, I can't remember half of them:

Jeph and Bert from The Used are awesome

Ryan from PTW is also awesome, I drank Guiness with him and talked about the Cure and Pink Floyd

Assorted dudes from other bands such as:

Alexisonfire

The Bled

Anchor (sxe vegan band from sweden, took them to a 90s music club night after i put them on in Birmingham, they had the time of their life)

NFG

QOTSA

Minus The Bear

Funeral For a Friend

etc, I can't think of anymore, maybe I thought I've met more people than I actually have

Ryan from PTW is also awesome, I drank Guiness with him and talked about the Cure and Pink Floyd

Alexisonfire

The Bled

Anchor (sxe vegan band from sweden, took them to a 90s music club night after i put them on in Birmingham, they had the time of their life)

NFG

QOTSA

Minus The Bear

Funeral For a Friend

etc, I can't think of anymore, maybe I thought I've met more people than I actually have

Glad you had a good time with Jeph and Bert, while i was being mugged outside.

Oh and we've had dinner with Frank Iero before, remember?

Alexisonfire

The Bled

NFG

QOTSA

Minus The Bear

Funeral For a Friend

Glad you had a good time with Jeph and Bert, while i was being mugged outside.

Oh and we've had dinner with Frank Iero before, remember?

Hello Alex, I totally forgot about you ALMOST getting mugged, and yes, we've shared a table with Frankie.

• 2 weeks later...

I met this girl Teyana last week while in NYC. she was on my super sweet 16 (mtv) and shes signed to Star Trak, pharells label. I stopped her and was like "would it be totaly innapropriate if i asked to take a picture with you?" which she replied "no no i was just putting on my lipgloss for you" (not the girl who song the lipgloss song). Ive had a little crush on this girl since the eppisode she was on.

(same shirt as golfing pics)

[image]

I met Alex from Minus The Bear. He's an awesome guy. He was the only one around after their show here, so he signed my POI record cover and then took it backstage to have the rest of the guys sign it. Pretty rad.

I also met Robb and Patrick from Limbeck. Definitely some of the nicest guys ever. I felt a little bad for Robb though, because more and more people were coming up and talking to him, and he kept telling everyone that someone had said they would buy him a shot at the bar, and he was afraid they were gonna leave. All the guy wanted was a free drink, haha!

Guest scriptedrain
I met Alex from Minus The Bear. He's an awesome guy. He was the only one around after their show here, so he signed my POI record cover and then took it backstage to have the rest of the guys sign it. Pretty rad.

That's great. I love those guys, met them a couple times and even hung out with them after one of the shows.

• 4 years later...

I was going to start this thread and then found this. 

Anyone have any good celebrity sighting stories? I live in LA now and my dad owns a valet company in NJ, so I've seen a ton in my life. 

I had breakfast next to Brian Posehn last week in Tarzana. He was with his kid (who brought like 10 action figures) and I thought he seemed like a super cool dude/dad. I said nothing because I didn't want to bother him with his kid, but I badly wanted him to hear how well I can impersonate him.

Let's see if I can remember all of them, some of these I haven't techincally "met" but it was close! :P :

During my trip to LA -

1) Was getting Starbucks and Hulk Hogan was next in line behind me

2) Apple store at the Grove was very crowded and I was just hanging out in the back of the store looking around. Stevie Wonder's body guards walked him right into me. He said a little, "Sorry man" in his wonderful voice.

Random places around Florida:

3) My mother is an intense Matchbox Twenty fan. Years ago when I was in my freshman year of high school, we waited for Rob outside one of his solo shows. He came out, hugged my mother and I shook his hand/got his sig.

4) Guitarist for Matchbox Twenty, Kyle, was doing a solo show in South Florida and he was loading his own gear into the venue and I offered to help. He proceeded to talk to me for a bit.

5) I worked as a zombie for Halloween Horror Nights and Dee Snider walked by me. I proceeded to try and scare him but he was just too damn tall to really be scared... haha

New York:

5) Kristen Stewart and Kirsten Dunst happened to be doing a screening for a movie while I was walking around and I somehow walked right in front of the building and was about 10 feet from them getting out of the car and walking in to take pictures.

6) Turned a corner and Norman Reedus was standing there smoking a cigarette. As much as a TWD fan as I am, I couldn't bring myself to say hello, he looked like he didn't want to be bothered.

7) Took a studio tour and Michael Buble happened to be there at the time. He proceeded to take pics with people.

uhhh for now that's all I can remember...

Let's see if I can remember all of them, some of these I haven't techincally "met" but it was close! :P :

During my trip to LA -

1) Was getting Starbucks and Hulk Hogan was next in line behind me

2) Apple store at the Grove was very crowded and I was just hanging out in the back of the store looking around. Stevie Wonder's body guards walked him right into me. He said a little, "Sorry man" in his wonderful voice.

Random places around Florida:

3) My mother is an intense Matchbox Twenty fan. Years ago when I was in my freshman year of high school, we waited for him outside one of his solo shows. He came out, hugged my mother and I shook his hand/got his sig.

4) Guitarist for Matchbox Twenty, Kyle, was doing a solo show in South Florida and he was loading his own gear into the venue and I offered to help. He proceeded to talk to me for a bit.

5) I worked as a zombie for Halloween Horror Nights and Dee Snider walked by me. I proceeded to try and scare him but he was just too damn tall to really be scared... haha

New York:

5) Kristen Stewart and Kirsten Dunst happened to be doing a screening for a movie while I was walking around and I somehow walked right in front of the building and was about 10 feet from them getting out of the car and walking in to take pictures.

6) Turned a corner and Norman Reedus was standing there smoking a cigarette. As much as a TWD fan as I am, I couldn't bring myself to say hello, he looked like he didn't want to be bothered.

7) Took a studio tour and Michael Buble happened to be there at the time. He proceeded to take pics with people.

uhhh for now that's all I can remember...

same with me and Norman Reedus, saw him on Sunset and I pussed out. 

I also saw Chris Rock at an event in NYC and I greeted him saying "how are you tonight Mr. Rock?" or some shit and he says "Well I'm off the pipe, so that's good!"

I died.