Black Flag 7"s New Colored Vinyl Pressings

I thought I saw something mentioned about these but I can't seem to find the thread about it.

I was at the shop yesterday and saw that they had colored vinyl pressings of three Black Flag singles

Six Pack on grey marble

TV Party on orange marble

Louie Louie on grey (possibly grey marble)

I picked up the first two.

[image]

Anyway, I'm assuming these are brand new pressings (and not a "box find"). Does anybody know if there are any other colored vinyl SST reissues out there?

i'm kind of shocked by this, considering that it constitutes something of a 'business decision' by SST, who as far as I can tell have been content to keep an open edition of most releases for over a decade now with no variants (aside from the bizarre multi-format Black Flag eps, ie Six Pack on 7" AND 10").

not knocking the label, but it clearly hasn't been a labor of love for a loooong time. that hasn't stopped each successive generation of kids from picking up 'Brains, 'Flag, Huskers, & Minutemen lps. distributors clearly keep ordering, & those releases seem to cover expenses, a small staff, their Geocities bill, and all the cat food Greg must buy.

so why now?

i'm kind of shocked by this, considering that it constitutes something of a 'business decision' by SST, who as far as I can tell have been content to keep an open edition of most releases for over a decade now with no variants (aside from the bizarre multi-format Black Flag eps, ie Six Pack on 7" AND 10").

not knocking the label, but it clearly hasn't been a labor of love for a loooong time. that hasn't stopped each successive generation of kids from picking up 'Brains, 'Flag, Huskers, & Minutemen lps. distributors clearly keep ordering, & those releases seem to cover expenses, a small staff, their Geocities bill, and all the cat food Greg must buy.

so why now?

probably because Ginn needs to make money to pay Husker Du and Descendents (and whoever else) the money he owes them for the royalties he never paid them.

so why now?

probably because Ginn needs to make money to pay Husker Du and Descendents (and whoever else) the money he owes them for the royalties he never paid them.

what I've gathered from recent interviews with Bob Mould and Henry Rollins is that no one has bothered to sue him for past due royalties...

what I've gathered from recent interviews with Bob Mould and Henry Rollins is that no one has bothered to sue him for past due royalties...

from what i understand, the Descendents sued but they settled out of court.

so why now?

That copy of My War on blue? Within the last couple of years.

[image]

[image]

Why now? You mean why forever? Because Greg likes to smoke weed and play guitar and hang with cats. I'm 28 and reading this board makes me feel like I'm 40.

Dear Greg,

Here are some ideas for 2012's $$T reissues:

Minutemen 'Double Nickels' 2x5" + 2x10" pic disc box set (5" nickel & 10" dime pic discs)

Husker Du 'Zen Arcade' game. up to 4 players! (side-scrolling beat-em-up ala Simpsons)

Descendents 't'ALL-t'. a tall-t style shirt with ALL the lyrics, available in XL-XXXL.

Black Fag Mesh Shorts! show off your 'six-pack' in these Rollins' approved hotpants.

Bonus: All white band merch is now tie-dye! 'Just Say No' to Mayan Bummergeddon!!

Dear Greg,

Here are some ideas for 2012's $$T reissues:

Minutemen 'Double Nickels' 2x5" + 2x10" pic disc box set (5" nickel & 10" dime pic discs)

Husker Du 'Zen Arcade' game. up to 4 players! (side-scrolling beat-em-up ala Simpsons)

Descendents 't'ALL-t'. a tall-t style shirt with ALL the lyrics, available in XL-XXXL.

Black Fag Mesh Shorts! show off your 'six-pack' in these Rollins' approved hotpants.

Bonus: All white band merch is now tie-dye! 'Just Say No' to Mayan Bummergeddon!!

@16oh => that begs the question, how common/rare ARE they?

the average punk record sees 5 to 10 tests, but that's for the initial run. i would guess that as barebones an operation as $$T runs, they've def gone through more than one set of plates for most releases. in this case we're talking about a record that's been in print for like 25 straight years one one label, and in one-off runs from others internationally. i'd wager that there are between 50 and 100 tests of My War out there, at least half of which are from the $$T pressings.

anyone care to debunk that?

@16oh => that begs the question, how common/rare ARE they?

the average punk record sees 5 to 10 tests, but that's for the initial run. i would guess that as barebones an operation as $$T runs, they've def gone through more than one set of plates for most releases. in this case we're talking about a record that's been in print for like 25 straight years one one label, and in one-off runs from others internationally. i'd wager that there are between 50 and 100 tests of My War out there, at least half of which are from the $$T pressings.

anyone care to debunk that?