iOS 5.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also, news stand is annoying me and has already been banished to it's own page, unless i manage to find some free magazines in there.

they trick you into thinking mags are free, but they are really just free apps, that when opened ask you to buy issues.

sneaky.

edit:

on the plus side, my itunes remote app finally works again, now that the OS and itunes have both updated.

i haven't been able to get that thing to work for a minute now.

iTunes Match is only a part of the cloud music service. From my understanding of the explanation, Match scans your library of up to 20,000(?) songs and then you can download the songs from iTunes on any iOS device or Mac. The other part of the music service is that this also applies to any previous or new iTunes purchases. But I don't think it streams. I'd look in to Audiogalaxy if you want streaming. Amazon and Google also have good services for cloud streaming.

notification system now is pretty handy. it's nice to not have to clear each one by one. it was always awesome to get a text right when i was trying to win tickets for some show off the radio and it taking forever to clear.

google maps has suggested routes instead of just one now. SUPER nice. alternate routes will come in very handy at work.

i wish i could delete the newstand and reminder apps though. i need a bigger 'delete' folder.

has anyone else's battery been draining super fast as a result of the update? Mellie's saying this is the case with her's and I'm not sure that I'm wanting to update mine if that's the case. Cooler features are no proper replacement for battery life (especially when the iPhone's isn't that great to start with).

my biggest gripe is that you can't delete or mark as read from the notifications screen...seems obvious that that should be doable, hopefully it comes in an update.

as far as itunes match - will it match songs that weren't purchased from itunes and then make those downloadable anywhere?

as far as itunes match - will it match songs that weren't purchased from itunes and then make those downloadable anywhere?
That's the idea, yes. In fact, it ONLY matches non-iTunes files. Anything you've purchased in iTunes is already included in your iCloud. People are calling Match a kind of "amnesty for pirates."

That's the idea, yes. In fact, it ONLY matches non-iTunes files. Anything you've purchased in iTunes is already included in your iCloud. People are calling Match a kind of "amnesty for pirates."

local Chicago archival label The Numero Group had some things to say about this several months back when they iCloud got rolled out. Makes me cautious about using it since digital downloads are the order of the day now for most.

http://numerogroup.wordpress.com/2011/06/07/opting-out/