Just Say "No" to Nickelback!

Apparently Detroit really hates Nickelback. They're currently petitioning to boot them from the halftime show of the Detroit Lions Thanksgiving Day game vs. the Packers. LOL!

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/lions_fans_protest_nickelback_playing_halftime_of_detroits_thanksgiving_day_game/7832239

The comments on the petition site are awesome!

http://www.change.org/petitions/the-detroit-lions-replace-nickelback-as-the-halftime-show-for-the-thanksgiving-game

An online petition to boot a band that has sold over 50 million records? I don't like Nickelback at all, but I'd rather have a "rock band" than some shitty autotuned dance crap. And LOL at the petition writer whining about it being "unfair". (not sure if the period goes before or after the quotation marks)

An online petition to boot a band that has sold over 50 million records? I don't like Nickelback at all, but I'd rather have a "rock band" than some shitty autotuned dance crap. And LOL at the petition writer whining about it being "unfair". (not sure if the period goes before or after the quotation marks)

Agreed. I fucking hate Nickleback. But I hate fake rappers more. But it really doesn't matter to me cus I don't watch football. :P And it goes before the quotation. According to my English teacher last year.

Agreed. I fucking hate Nickleback. But I hate fake rappers more. But it really doesn't matter to me cus I don't watch football. :P And it goes before the quotation. According to my English teacher last year.

How do you figure rappers are fake? The majority of radio rap is about partying, making money, and having sex, which is exactly what it seems like they do for the most part. It's blowing my mind that people prefer Nickelback to rap.

An online petition to boot a band that has sold over 50 million records? I don't like Nickelback at all, but I'd rather have a "rock band" than some shitty autotuned dance crap.

[image]

Autotuned dance crap makes for a waaay better halftime show. A terrible performance by a terrible rock band is just going to be a bore. At least the failures of a pop artist are interesting, as they tend to take things less seriously. I guarantee you Nickelback is thinking "we are serious artists and this is going to be a serious performance" every time they play, whereas a Ke$ha or T-Pain type is just going "fuck youuuu, I was created to sell Coca-Cola, I'm gonna dance all over and there's gonna be fireworks and shit and it's gonna be awesoooooome" and it usually is, even if I would never listen to a Ke$ha song on purpose.

An online petition to boot a band that has sold over 50 million records? I don't like Nickelback at all, but I'd rather have a "rock band" than some shitty autotuned dance crap.

[image]

Autotuned dance crap makes for a waaay better halftime show. A terrible performance by a terrible rock band is just going to be a bore. At least the failures of a pop artist are interesting, as they tend to take things less seriously. I guarantee you Nickelback is thinking "we are serious artists and this is going to be a serious performance" every time they play, whereas a Ke$ha or T-Pain type is just going "fuck youuuu, I was created to sell Coca-Cola, I'm gonna dance all over and there's gonna be fireworks and shit and it's gonna be awesoooooome" and it usually is, even if I would never listen to a Ke$ha song on purpose.

go Pro, bro

It's not Nickleback that bugs me, it's their fans. It just bugs me that some people don't grow in their tastes. They're happy with what they're given and don't care to look beyond that. And the next band they learn about and grow to love will be the next new band to get air play on their local shit rock station.

Agreed. I fucking hate Nickleback. But I hate fake rappers more. But it really doesn't matter to me cus I don't watch football. :P.

Yes.

the should just fly PRINCE out to play. problem solved.

Prince playing nickelback songs > Nickelback playing Nickelback songs

Prince tuning his guitar > Nickelback playing Nickelback songs

This times a million.

the should just fly PRINCE out to play. problem solved.

Prince playing nickelback songs > Nickelback playing Nickelback songs

Prince tuning his guitar > Nickelback playing Nickelback songs

I felt like Prince at halftime made a bunch of bros question their sexuality and consider some bromosexual experiences. I also thought Prince was kinda weak at that superbowl.

i was at karaoke last night here in Austin and someone did Prince "Purple Rain" and another Semisonic "Closing Time". I felt so much MN appreciation that I slaughtered Katy Perry "Teenage Dream" for all the lovers in the bar! but man, the Prince went off.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':211k7ll4]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':211k7ll4]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');