Is The Crosley Keepsake Good?

Not worth it at all. I recommend going vintage, hit up craigslist.

EDIT: Something like this could be a good starter table, just replace the cartridge. If you're patient you can find some good deals on craigslist and ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Technics-SL1900-Turntable-/300617476283?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fe32a8bb

Nothing Crosley is good.

I've found fully automatic Sony PS-LX250H tables from the 80's on C-list for ~$30. Great entry level TT for less than $50.

Keep looking on Craigslist, a suitable one (NOT a crosley) will turn up. Old Dual TT's are all over c-list. Look for 1200 series. Best bang for under a hundy. I have a 1967 Dual 1009 with a styley walnut cabinet that runs like a champ every damn day that I got off Craig's for $25.

Older Technics like the one posted are plentiful and will blow the pi$$ out of anything crosley any day of the week.

EDIT: Something like this could be a good starter table, just replace the cartridge. If you're patient you can find some good deals on craigslist and ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Technics-SL1900-Turntable-/300617476283?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fe32a8bb

sound advice

is you're stupid enough to ask if a Crosley is good then you probably deserve to waste your money on one.

harsh.

how am i suppose to know if its good if i dont ask and dont buy one? im not gonna buy something i havent heard anything about. your comment was extremely pointless.

its crazy how some people are just complete assholes for no reason.

aside from that... Thanks everyone for the advice, I'll make sure to steer clear of Crosley now that I know they suck. Wouldnt have known if I didnt ask.

thanks. maybe ill try to bid on this one.

are there any good new ones to look at? i have a friend who is the manager at Guitar Center so I can get a pretty good deal on a new set up.

thanks. maybe ill try to bid on this one.

are there any good new ones to look at? i have a friend who is the manager at Guitar Center so I can get a pretty good deal on a new set up.

I'd try to do a bit of research before you bid. Watch some youtube videos to get a feel for how the table operates. Then figure out a replacement cartridge you'd need. You'll also need a pre-amp of some sort.

also you can look at the thread that is stickied at the top just go through the pages man.

yeah, ill check that thread out. i didnt plan on this turning into a "what record player to buy" thread. sorry if it bugs anyone. Yeah, I'll do a little research first.

I'd hopefully like to stay under $200.

is you're stupid enough to ask if a Crosley is good then you probably deserve to waste your money on one.

harsh.

how am i suppose to know if its good if i dont ask and dont buy one? im not gonna buy something i havent heard anything about. your comment was extremely pointless.

its crazy how some people are just complete assholes for no reason.

aside from that... Thanks everyone for the advice, I'll make sure to steer clear of Crosley now that I know they suck. Wouldnt have known if I didnt ask.

Just ignore nips (like everybody else does). Unlike most trolls, he's not clever. Just a dick.

Also, don't get a Crossley. Use that money to invest in a nice receiver and hit a few thrift stores, garage sales, and Craigslist.

I guess im just kind of intimidated by looking at thrift sotres and craigslist compared to buying a brand new set up because i dont really know what im looking for. it kinda helps to get some advice from someone who knows their shit.

oh and i read the "what turntable to buy" thread but i got annoyed by everyone bitching and that one lame dude randomly starting shit. I did however see a few people talk about Pro-ject. The guy at the record store by my house said that is a really good brand. My only thing is I cant really afford to spend a shitload of money right now. I want something good that i wont have to replace in a year but cheap enough to not go broke. ill take a look at the links Electro posted, thanks alot.

Here's the thing, if you buy a brand new turntable (crosely or otherwise) are you going to turn around in a year or so and buy a different one? Maybe, maybe not. I think you're better off waiting, saving, and buying a table that will last you a long time. That may be the project/rega/Denon. If you buy a shitty table you're going to need to re-buy one and there's a chance you'll trash some records in the process.