VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I dont get why the internet is all in love with the Beth/Tamina match. Tamina did great, while Beth showed that she had a hard time going with someone more her size. Im sure it is just not being used to working with someone like that, but she made a few mistakes I wouldnt have expected from her. Hell, she couldnt even take the splash good, something that Nattie has taken numerous times in the past weeks.

I hope they put the IC on Santino. That will move Rhodes up to the main event where he belongs and Santino deserves a rub for all the shit they have had him do. The guy can wrestle (see his matches when he first came in) and he has done so many stupid things without a hassle. How many guys do you think on the roste would compete in a hogpen match as a woman?

The Raw chamber wasnt as good as I hoped it would be. Punk never should have gotten his hands on Jericho. That is a moment they could have really built up, but knocking him out before the feud has legs just puts Punk at the top of it too quick.

Im glad that the Cena/Kane angle is over. That might be one of the more brutal angles Ive sat through since Jericho broke Chynas fingers with a hammer in a locked closet.

the thing that really bugged me about the divas match was the way it started with beth acting like, and cole backing her up.. acting like shes unstoppable, and theres no way that tamina can beat her. as if beth wasnt just being inexplicably swindled by kelly kelly on a weekly basis for about 3 months.

its also tough to get excited for the snuka splash when she seems to land as hard as a pillow.

but again.. it was still really nice watching two women who actually knew their way around the ring. unlike the swagger gabriel match, i actually watched this one.

The Raw chamber wasnt as good as I hoped it would be. Punk never should have gotten his hands on Jericho. That is a moment they could have really built up, but knocking him out before the feud has legs just puts Punk at the top of it too quick.

I kinda like the way they played it out, though. Now, Jericho has a legitimate claim to a re-match, since he never actually lost the Elimination Chamber match—wasn't pinned, didn't get tapped out. Plus, he can act all self-righteous about Punk's "dirty tactics" or whatnot, which is always good for a few promos. Jericho shouldn't be built up as some unbeatable force; he should be a guy trying to reclaim what he thinks is rightfully his but being bested by someone who's using the same tactics Jericho himself would use. It's like wrestling yourself in a mirror.

lol. I can't remember that last time I watched Raw live. All fall/winter I've got dodgeball monday nights and in the spring/summer I have baseball. I've been pvring it for years.

Just finished watching Elimination Chamber. All in all it wasn't as bad as I read it was. The WWE Championship match was decent. It was entertaining at the very least. I can understand what they did with Jericho. He either needed to win the title or have a reason to come after Punk so the two can face at Mania. Now the stage is set for that.

The divas match was okay. It's what a women's wrestling match should be. Nothing special. But when you're fed shit all the time (weekly Divas match) a spam sandwich doesn't taste so bad.

I like that they had D-Bryan win his Chamber match legit. It builds him up a bit more because he's been dubbed a "coward".

The US title match was useless.

Kane/Cena was just bad. Even though I hate Kane it's so pointless to have Cena essentially squash him (gotta love the botched AA).

Overall this PPV wasn't as disappointing as the Rumble a couple weeks ago.

the thing that really bugged me about the divas match was the way it started with beth acting like, and cole backing her up.. acting like shes unstoppable, and theres no way that tamina can beat her. as if beth wasnt just being inexplicably swindled by kelly kelly on a weekly basis for about 3 months.

its also tough to get excited for the snuka splash when she seems to land as hard as a pillow.

but again.. it was still really nice watching two women who actually knew their way around the ring. unlike the swagger gabriel match, i actually watched this one.

Oh god, Im glad the rollup out of nowhere is gone. Like Beth couldnt throw a 97 pound kelly kelly off her in three seconds in a surprise move.

I dont remember paying attention to the Swagger match. I assume he won since there was no mention of the title switching hands. Im not even sure how it was set up as I was too busy talking about how lame the farting sounds on tv.

ok, so where did this whole farting thing come from?

the first couple times i saw mention of it, i figured people were just comparing a backstage segment to the equivalent of a fart.

-i think it just became very clear that this will be taker's last match. hell beat mr. h's to finish 20-0, and he gets to do it in HIS match. itll be like that time jordan hit the 3 in game 6 to beat the jazz, and win the finals, and then NEVER CAME BACK AND PLAYED ANOTHER NBA GAME.

-also.. jesus christ did we really need a battle royal to determine that jericho would face punk? it just seemed so damn lazy when last nights match and everything else thats happened in the last few weeks already wrote the damn script.

-once again.. get khali off my fucking television. his entire portion of the match was standing still in the corner throwing punches at big show before being tossed out.

-anyone else think that was an assy crowd?

-i streamed raw in parts, and managed to watch it COMPLETELY out of order.

Vince LOVES his giants. That's why Khali is back on your tv screen. He's too damn awkward to be even the slightest bit believable. He has 5 moves. Chop, punch, slap, close line then his shit finisher. He can't even run into the ropes. He has no business being in a ring. But Vince loves him and he's over with the stupid little kids.

I think they're testing the waters for a post Mania Punk/Bryan feud. I may be way off on this one but I get that feeling. As much as I like Bryan I would like to see him drop the title. Leave the Heavyweight title for the big boys (Henry, Show, Shaemous, Barrett etc). You can maybe toss Christian in the mix because he knows how wrestle with the big guys and his current heel persona fits perfectly to run with the big boys.

I also think they were/are hinting towards a Barrett/Rhodes tag team. Again I may be WAY out in left field on this one, but I get that feeling. In the past couple weeks they've been in situations where they've been teamed up or working as a team and the commentators constantly remark on how well the two work as a team. Maybe it's just me making something of nothing and trying to dig. But usually when the announcers stress something it means it's setting the stage for something else. I'd love to see it because the WWE needs to beef up their tag division.

Even though i am still against Taker/H, the HIAC stipulation made it much more intriguing. The rumored HBK special ref was nothing special to me, but the HIAC makes sense, as these two guys are the masters of the gimmick. Even though i think the feud is goofy, i think they will put together a watchable match and have Taker go out as the beast he used to be. The only thing is, how will they set up the cell when Mania takes place outside?

The "wrestling" on Raw was pretty terrible. Several matches under 5 minutes and an unnecessary battle royal where two people got injured (Barret and Dolph). It makes sense that these guys would be hurting after the chamber match, so let's make R-Truth, Kofi, and Santino compete in two matches the next night. Good thinking.

I will admit the HIAC makes me want to watch the match now. I didnt care at all about the feud, and thought Taker was acting like a 14 year old girl in his vignettes (gettting turned down and starts a collage of them together, cuts hair to look different, doesnt understand the meaning of no, etc) but the thought that they will let these two have a REAL HIAC at Mania catches my eye.

Good point on the having them wrestle twice the day after Chamber. They got a deep enough roster to pull off different matches. I get them wanting to show Kofi/Truth as a team going forward but that could have waited till Smackdown at the least.

Also thought Cena was dead on about The Rock. Why anyone would cheer for the rock next week astounds me. Apparently people backstage were really impressed with Cena and were happy he went off on him like that.

Who was it, Cody Rhodes that "got hurt" when he was thrown out? But I watched Barret's reaction when he was down and he hit his hand on the mat and then yelled, "Fuck," which they had to bleep out. He was down, holding his arm the whole time. My girl was doing work on her laptop and I tried to explain to her that there was no kayfabe reason for Barret to get injured and it was probably legit. She was rolling her eyes.

Yes, I agree with Ry that this will probably be Taker's last match. You guys are complaining about Khali, though, but he's actually more active than the Undertaker. The Undertaker can put on a good match, but then he's off for 6-8 months. He's getting up there (46). I know it's apples and oranges but it's not like Khali could ever wrestle. The guy's been a wall since day one and he's former champion. Also, it's weird that for someone 7'1", the guy weights 350. He's actually lean for his size.

i forgot about the injuries.. fkn retarded.

when i was watching it, all i could think was "wow.. theyre really taking injuries serious these days" and i thought about the potential for an nfl-like angle where someone steps in and says "this is getting too dangerous! we need to safe-up our acts!"

Of course, it didn't help the situation when Cody eliminated Santino, and Santino fell on Barrett's hand while he was getting stabilized.

The Hell in a Cell is an interesting stip to be added to the Mania match. I figured that they would need a gimmick to get the match over, as this will be the third time that Trips has faced Taker at Mania. Being that the stadium isn't covered, does anyone think that weather will be a factor at all?

I also feel that Orton is somehow going to interject himself into the match with Sheamus and Daniel Bryan; I can't get behind Orton's character at all. He's trying way too hard to be an "edgy" face, and IMO he fails miserably at it.

Of course, it didn't help the situation when Cody eliminated Santino, and Santino fell on Barrett's hand while he was getting stabilized.

The Hell in a Cell is an interesting stip to be added to the Mania match. I figured that they would need a gimmick to get the match over, as this will be the third time that Trips has faced Taker at Mania. Being that the stadium isn't covered, does anyone think that weather will be a factor at all?

I also feel that Orton is somehow going to interject himself into the match with Sheamus and Daniel Bryan; I can't get behind Orton's character at all. He's trying way too hard to be an "edgy" face, and IMO he fails miserably at it.

Yeah, i am interested in the logistics of the HIAC match. How will they set it up? And will the weather be a factor?

i, too, think that others will be added to the Bryan/Sheamus match. Orton, probably, and i was thinking Barret, but he is injured and will most likely miss 'Mania, which sucks for him.

There were quite a few rumors going around that the Heavyweight title match at Mania would be a triple threat match with Barrett/Shaemous/Bryan. But I guess with Barrett out that might change.

If you look at the live events scheduled for around (mainly just after) Mania they include Orton/Kane. So that might be a feud moving forward.

We're complaining about Khali because he can't for the life of him put on a good match. He's horrible in the ring.

Weather wont be a problem at all for WM. When they are outside they build a structure that goes over the ring to hang all the lighting off of and it has a fancy tarp like top to it. They will just use this and make it strong enough to hold the cell.

I dont think that they will make the heavyweight title match anything but a 1 on 1 match. Fatal 4way is coming up soon after and they need an excuse to put 4 in that one.

That Punk/Bryan match from last night was excellent. Probably the only good thing from last night's Super Smackdown. i think it was better than their match from Raw a few weeks ago, in spite of all the shenanigans at the end. The finish was good, though, leaving open the possibility for a future program and making both buys look good. It was really well-done and proof that they can both honestly claim to be "best in the world."

EDIT: Oh, and if they are hyping this CM Punk/Chris Brown "feud," it better end with that creep in an anaconda vice/GTS.

jesus this is awful.

tune in at 10 am on wwe.com so we can announce that jonny ace and teddy long are switching shows playa!

seriously.. fuck off teddy long. you are just the worst.

oh, and video packages!!

jesus this is awful.

tune in at 10 am on wwe.com so we can announce that jonny ace and teddy long are switching shows playa!

seriously.. fuck off teddy long. you are just the worst.

oh, and video packages!!

It will probably be worse, like them having a match a 'Mania for control over both shows. Boring.