VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

i was pleasantly surprised with the live Smackdown show, based on the past shows being terrible. Sandow's segment was the best part for me. Also, does anyone else think that Tyson Kidd and Alex Riley look alike now that Kidd has hair? Both my fiancee and i mistook Riley for Kidd when he was wrestling Ziggler last night.

i'm looking forward to seeing Destination X this weekend. Never watched a TNA PPV before, but i really want to catch this one. i like the Ultimate X matches, AJ/Daniels should be good (despite the story line), and i am really interested in Roode/Aries. i doubt Aries will win, but it'll be good to see him have a shot. Should be a good PPV.

Good lord, another AJ/Daniels feud is going on? didnt they just do one like 6 months ago?

Yeah, they mentioned last night that they fought at last year's Destination X. i guess this time, it is really AJ vs. Daniels/Kaz, but the actual match this Sunday is still AJ/Daniels in a Last Man Standing match.

Good lord, another AJ/Daniels feud is going on? didnt they just do one like 6 months ago?

Sadly it's pretty much the same feud that's run for pretty much the entire time.

I'm looking forward to Destination X. A friend and I are watching it. First TNA PPV we've ever ordered so it should be interesting. I think Double A will win the belt. He's probably their best pure talent right now. I'm also interested to see Kenny King wrestle, especially with all the drama around him just picking up and leaving ROH in the middle of the night.

ANX was probably my favorite tag team in ROH right now so I'm sad to see him go, but I understand that he needs to look for bigger and better right now because he needs to put food on the table.

It's interesting to see all the drama surrounding ROH in the past couple of weeks. With them having to cancel the two live events (without explaination), the Mark Madden coloumns, it becoming common knowledge that Davey Richards is leaving and now Kenny King picking up and leaving. It's not really a good time to be an ROH fan. I had a feeling the ship might be sinking, but it looks like it's going down a lot quicker than I had expected.

On a side note, both Raw and Smackdown were quality this week.

Anyone else watching Destination X right now? This is my first TNA PPV. i'm intrigued by Aries and all of the X Division guys they are showcasing tonight.

i must have missed when Kid Kash got all those tattoos; he looks so frickin' different.

All in all it was a pretty good PPV. The ultimate x match was horrible. Just horrible. So I'm not even going to waste time talking about it. Outside of that all the matches were great. Finishes maybe not so much. Didn't really make sense to have AJ win. While it was nice to see Joe get the victory, the ending was too "MMA". This is wrestling, not MMA. I really dislike when creative teams try to make wrestling into MMA. Extatic that they put the belt on Double A. That was an amazing match.

From watching tonight's PPV I'd definately watch another TNA PPV if the card had matches I wanted to see on it. Only draw back is holding them at the same place they film their tv show. There were points where it just felt like I was watching Impact and not a PPV.

i'd agree with some of what you said, Crime. Overall, i thought that it was a really good PPV. The X Division tournament had some solid matches, the four way was pretty good, Ultimate X was decent, but it did have some awkward spots, especially the ending. i thought the AJ/Daniels and Joe/Angle matches were really solid, but Aries/Roode was just an incredible match. It's times like that where i wish more people watched TNA and they had a bigger crowd in the arena; Aries and Roode deserved more people watching that match. Really excited to see where TNA goes from here.

Also, i don't like Zima Ion. Not like "he's a heel, what a jerk." More like "Zima's on? Change the channel."

Mark Madden columns and Richards leaving??? All news to me. Care to point me to those columns? Sucks about King leaving, but I cant blame him if he was offered more money.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/editorials/257187-roh-the-decline-and-fall

http://www.wrestlezone.com/editorials/257281-memo-to-roh-fix-your-problems

http://www.wrestlezone.com/editorials/257401-so-what-does-ring-of-honor-need-to-do

Can't find the article on Richards but it's well known (he's stated in interviews) that as soon as his contract is up with ROH he's gone. He's becoming a fireman.

It also looks like the majors are starting to poach talent from Chikara.

i'd agree with some of what you said, Crime. Overall, i thought that it was a really good PPV. The X Division tournament had some solid matches, the four way was pretty good, Ultimate X was decent, but it did have some awkward spots, especially the ending. i thought the AJ/Daniels and Joe/Angle matches were really solid, but Aries/Roode was just an incredible match. It's times like that where i wish more people watched TNA and they had a bigger crowd in the arena; Aries and Roode deserved more people watching that match. Really excited to see where TNA goes from here.

Also, i don't like Zima Ion. Not like "he's a heel, what a jerk." More like "Zima's on? Change the channel."

Zima is horrible. Just horrible. I think TNA is on an upswing. They're getting a lot of positive coverage in pro wrestling media and their ratings/viewership is up. Which is great. They're moving away from the crap dinosaurs and show casing their younger talent which is great.

i just WWE doesn't treat her like they have a lot of their other divas. They usually have their "flavor of the month" diva who is then forgotten about (AJ, Tamina, Natalya, etc.) Hopefully between Del Ray, Kharma, Beth, Layla, AJ, and Natalya, WWE can build a solid wrestling-focused divas division.

Del Ray getting signed is huge. She isnt attractive, she isnt a monster, she is just a womens wrestler, I am surprised that WWE pulled the trigger on her, they usually dont care about talent.

$20 says they put her with Bryan and then we get three months straight of Punk/AJ vs. Bryan/Del Rey mixed tag matches.