VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

i'm sure Cesaro has a dope life right now, but i can't help but think that they could do so much more with him. Great idea to stick him with Heyman, dub him the King of Swing and then take away the giant swing a few weeks later. Ryback?

pI1w9.gif

I love the Open Challenge as well. Cena has delivered a lot of good to great matches since becoming US Champion. Cesaro-Cena was tremendous and I like how Owens' interference protected Cesaro from being pinned and furthered their rivalry. They better have big plans for Cesaro, the guy is a beast.

It sucks that they have no clue whatsoever what to do with Adrian Neville though. I've got no problem with him being portrayed as a comic book hero but at least give him a good feud. Makes me fear for Zayn's and Breeze's call-ups.

I fear Breeze being called up. That gimmick works in NXT, but in no way will translate to a larger audience. He will just end up being Rose 2.0.

Yeah, I'd hate to see that. He proved time and time again that he could be a major player, NXT or main roster. As much as I enjoyed Rose in NXT, Breeze has main event potential. If they fuck him up, I'll be seriously pissed off.

i am so happy they finally paired Bo Dallas with the New Day. i am hoping for more backstage segments with them.

Yeah, that's one of those perfect fits. I'm surprised they didn't do it sooner. New Day is already hilarious and now with Bo Dallas ... oh boy.

I just read that Cesaro-Cena was nearly 20 minutes long. Damn.

I tuned in during that match. I don't think they've ever let Cesaro look SO good. He definitely got into that "fuck your life, I'm going to end you" mode.. Kickstarted with him going into a full sprint uppercut on the outside before uppercutting cena damn-near to death. Crazy awesome match.. And while it was a bummer that Owens didn't allow Cesaro the victory that he clearly had, it obviously made sense.

Let it be known that this is the second match in the open challenge that Cena realistically would have lost if not for interference.

Yeah, I'd hate to see that. He proved time and time again that he could be a major player, NXT or main roster. As much as I enjoyed Rose in NXT, Breeze has main event potential. If they fuck him up, I'll be seriously pissed off.

He has the talent for sure, but it cant be that gimmick on the main roster or it will bomb. The downside is, I dont know if he would get the fan support of a gimmick change with a debut on the main roster. He would need to change his gimmick in NXT beforehand.

I don't think the gimmick is the problem, he just needs to be booked well. He's found himself with this gimmick; it works, it's over, it's contemporary. They shouldn't force a change just because they're too stupid to book him well. Not to mention that I doubt any fan would accept it - Tyler Breeze is bigger than Leo Kruger/Adam Rose ever was.

I hate how not being an annoying drama queen means you don't stand out on Tough Enough. Sara Lee actually got one of those NXT titles, yet Paige wanted her out. Not everyone needs to be a "Total Diva".

Holy shit at that swimming challenge though. That has nothing to do with courage or wrestling, that was just sadistic. Fucking snakes and shit. Also, Booker laughing at Patrick (who can't swim) when he struggled was not cool. I know it's just a reality show but come on.

I disagree with you on Adam Rose. He was over huge with the NXT crowd, they ate him up and loved everything bout him, and so they moved it to Raw and it bombed. Some gimmicks will work in front of a small smarky crowd and not in front of 8,000 kids and their parents. He will be a heel, but it will turn into xpac heat or no reaction at all. The best chance he has is being the next Fandango who had a good 6 months in him before the crowd just stopped caring. He wont ever be able to get over as a upper mid card or main event heel with that gimmick, and no one will be happy with him just having a curtain jerking role, he will be just another failed NXT star.

I disagree with you on Adam Rose. He was over huge with the NXT crowd, they ate him up and loved everything bout him, and so they moved it to Raw and it bombed. Some gimmicks will work in front of a small smarky crowd and not in front of 8,000 kids and their parents. He will be a heel, but it will turn into xpac heat or no reaction at all. The best chance he has is being the next Fandango who had a good 6 months in him before the crowd just stopped caring. He wont ever be able to get over as a upper mid card or main event heel with that gimmick, and no one will be happy with him just having a curtain jerking role, he will be just another failed NXT star.

If he comes up solo, I'd have to agree with you... But, what if when he comes up, he pairs with Ziggler and they start the era of gorgeous in the tag division, regin there while establishing breeze, and then the eventual turn on eachother. At that point, breeze would be an established heel and everyone can go back to loving good guy ziggs.

Adam rose was doomed from the start, which is unfortunate. I liked his heel French character with Rosa, though he could drop Rosa and it would be even better!

If he comes up solo, I'd have to agree with you... But, what if when he comes up, he pairs with Ziggler and they start the era of gorgeous in the tag division, regin there while establishing breeze, and then the eventual turn on eachother. At that point, breeze would be an established heel and everyone can go back to loving good guy ziggs.

Adam rose was doomed from the start, which is unfortunate. I liked his heel French character with Rosa, though he could drop Rosa and it would be even better!

You know, that's not a terrible idea, that could work, though I doubt they would do it. Could be what Ziggler needs to jump his career out of this funk too.

You know, that's not a terrible idea, that could work, though I doubt they would do it. Could be what Ziggler needs to jump his career out of this funk too.

What do you mean!? He's got Lana now and a future feud with Rusev. Next stop main event, right ?! (Total sarcasm intended).

That is, of course, if Ziggler even resigns with the WWE. His contract is up soon, isn't it?

Honestly, I just really want to see ziggs and Breeze team together... The sexy show off tag team could be epic! while number 1 contenders matches come on (after they win the gold of course), have them music come out mid match and start making the ladies swoon, taking selfies and flexing/showing off at ringside. I would buy the t shirt, and really, isn't that what the WWE really cares about?

everything i've read makes it sounds like ziggler's time is done. it's unfortunate, but he's obviously only looking to stick around for a more prominent position in the title scene, but the "problem" is that the current main event lineup is just too damn strong for him. 

That's true about Adam Rose but I don't think he was ever going to be more than midcard/lower midcard talent. Breeze has potential to be at least a midcard champion (with this gimmick or not). I think they should at least try to have him succeed with this gimmick on the main roster. That Tag Team idea with Ziggler sounds like the perfect (and safer) way to do it.

I kinda wished that Ziggler quit and went to Lucha Underground but he said he wants to end his career in WWE and do stand-up on the side, so I don't think he'll go anywhere - which sucks because he deserves better and they'll never use him to his full potential. And with only one World Title, it doesn't look like he'll reach the top again anytime soon.

--

Nice main event on NXT last night. There were some great spots in the final moments. Also can't wait for the Beast in the East special on Sunday morning, it could be the PPV of the year.

Nice main event on NXT last night. There were some great spots in the final moments. Also can't wait for the Beast in the East special on Sunday morning, it could be the PPV of the year.

Was just coming in to say that first part. Owens rolling out of of the corner to lay in position was awkward, but that's my only gripe.

It's Saturday morning, right? Now I'm confused.

Was just coming in to say that first part. Owens rolling out of of the corner to lay in position was awkward, but that's my only gripe.

It's Saturday morning, right? Now I'm confused.

Yeah, especially Owens' effortless Pop-Up Powerbomb on Joe, which was crazy. They usually run towards him but Joe was merely walking. I didn't see it coming at all.

Ah right, sorry about that. Dunno why I kept thinking Sunday.

ROH and LU were solid again this week. AJ Styles/Adam Cole was a great match, and Puma/Guerrero a close second. Cent/Cesaro was the best match this week, though.

That Jericho/Neville match was boss. Commentary is surprisingly bearable tonight. No JBL will do that!

This whole event has been great aside from the Brock/Kofi match. It was good but totally pointless.

I feel the opposite about the commentary, I can't stand Michael Cole. Give me JBL and Lawler any day.