VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Yeah, I'm confused. As great as it is to see Taker back ... he just now decided to seek revenge on Lesnar (who's face now)? And low blowed him? I'm not sure I even want to see a rematch between these two, I know it's SummerSlam and all but still. Not to mention that Rollins became a total afterthought.

And Owens tapping out made me sick. Yeah, it was yet another great match, he survived three FUs and the submission was well done but why did he HAVE to tap? Why did he have to lose in the first place? Cena's had a fantastic reign and it would've made perfect sense for Owens to win the title a year after his final ROH match and mere weeks after losing the NXT Title. It won't have as much impact if he wins it tonight and a fourth match at SummerSlam (plus a fifth match due to rematch clause) is a bit of an overkill.

Not giving up on any of these feuds though, maybe they'll convince me on RAW. Also, the Women's Triple Threat was great.

Pretty much with you, Breezus. Someone on another site suggested that it would have been better for Taker to sit out Mania 31. That way, Wyatt would not have had to lose, he could still use the "New Face of Fear" moniker (which he's been using despite his loss), and it would have been much more surprising for 'Taker to return and seek revenge on Lesnar. i wish they had gone that route. Instead, we sort of have to ignore that the Wyatt match happened at all.

i did not like Owens tapping, either. As great as Cena has been this year, he still killed Rusev's momentum, and he's sort of ruined Owens character, as well. i still can't name anyone who has come out of a Cena feud looking better than they went into it. i get that they are building towards a Cena/Owens/Rusev/Cesaro match at SS, but would it have killed them to put the strap on Owens going in to it?  

a ppv with several *great* matches, and everyone's still completely butthurt. keep it up, y'all!

I think most of the criticism here is quite valid and has nothing to do with butthurt smarks who don't get what they want or whatever. The matches were all decent (although I skipped Orton-Sheamus because who the hell wants to see that match for the upteenth time?) and Owens-Cena was obviously great but just because the matches were good, that doesn't mean people can't complain about the outcome - especially when they were as questionable as last night.

What does it say about this company that the World Champion and future face is nowhere to be seen after a 9 minute main event? At least show his scared mug or something. And why couldn't Cesaro or Rusev interfere instead of having Owens - a literal beast who pinned Cena cleanly in his first match - submit? It boggles my mind because it makes no sense. This reminds me of HHH's hard-fought and irrelevant victory over Punk, which effectively halted his momentum and did nothing for HHH (who didn't compete for months afterwards).

Now, Cena's been fantastic since winning the US Title but that was the perfect time to drop the title and elevate an obvious star. And even if he had to win, at least don't make it as decisive like that.

a ppv with several *great* matches, and everyone's still completely butthurt. keep it up, y'all!

Isnt this kinda like saying Redsox fans were just "butthurt" after losing game 7 in 2003? It was a great game all around, but of course someone is going to be disappointed, that is what happens when you have two competitors against each other. I didnt watch the PPV so I cant comment on any of the matches but no matter how great the match is, a match is always better when the person I want to win, wins. Had Cena beat Punk at MITB, it would still have been a great match, but it was better because who I rooted for won.

Also, I got to agree about the Taker thing. Dude had no issue with Brock being champion at all, but comes back for a feud with Wyatt. Then Brock shows up to challenge for the belt and now Taker has an issue?

They've been doing this kind of stuff with Cena for a decade and people still get shocked when it happens.

It will continue until the day Cena dies or retires.

Should be used to it by now.

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought with the outcome. Even with a loss to Cena, I'm sure Owens will have something great to say on Raw tonight. He'll come out tonight looking and sounding great.

I was really happy with the PPV overall. I mean, even Sheamus/Orton wasn't bad. It was a fine match, just two competitors that I don't care for. My only issue was with the commentary.

That divas triple threat REALLY killed it. All three ladies looked great. I'm hoping that Charlotte, Becky, and Sasha revitalize the women's division. I mean, Brie looked pretty good last night, and I hadn't thought twice about a match of hers or Nikki's for a while. It's similar to how Punk, Bryan, and now Owens really brought/bring the best out of Cena after people complained about the same old Cena for so long. I'm excited for the Divas title to start changing hands between all of these ladies, as well.

What does it say about this company that the World Champion and future face is nowhere to be seen after a 9 minute main event? At least show his scared mug or something.

A good way they could have played this off is to have had Rollins in the ring, then smile at Brock and walk out... Is it such a stretch to believe that Rollins right hand man KANE couldn't have initiated Takers Revenge? I mean c'mon they go to great lengths to call Seth the Architect, then they have the ability to back that statement up but NOPE. 

Also, Owens losing clean sucked... hard. I wouldn't say they completely stifled Owens momentum but they aren't giving him much to work with. 

Also, Lesnar went from a maniacal beast to trembling at the sight of Taker. And, honestly, do we really want to see Taker go to Suplex City? Lets not end Taker by injury. Brock doesn't have the best record of NOT hurting people. 

Battleground still feels weird but Heyman's godlike mic skills and that epic brawl won me over I guess. It still feels a bit like a lose-lose situation for both Lesnar and Taker, since neither can afford to lose at this point though. Maybe they'll add Rollins to the mix (if he won't defend the title against Cena *shudder*).

Also, two lengthy (and good) women's matches? Nice to see that they're actually serious about this. It's also great to see Cesaro in the main event, that swing/slingshot into RKO combo was neat. Overall, that was the most consistent RAW episode in weeks.

Battleground still feels weird but Heyman's godlike mic skills and that epic brawl won me over I guess. It still feels a bit like a lose-lose situation for both Lesnar and Taker, since neither can afford to lose at this point though. Maybe they'll add Rollins to the mix (if he won't defend the title against Cena *shudder*).

Also, two lengthy (and good) women's matches? Nice to see that they're actually serious about this. It's also great to see Cesaro in the main event, that swing/slingshot into RKO combo was neat. Overall, that was the most consistent RAW episode in weeks.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Rollins at SS. Do they do a champion vs champion match with him and Cena? They dont need to have the belt defended because we know that Taker/Lesnar will be last. Do they do a triple threat with Cena/Rollins/Owens with Rollins getting the pin and starting a feud with Owens?

NXT is in a weird place right now. i am hoping that we get a Joe/Balor match for the title. On the women's side, i'd imagine Bayley and Emma will be moving to a feud for the title, Cassie and Jessie will be moving out of the jobber roles, and Dana and Eva will be having teleprompter promo battles. The tag division is looking to be the deepest at the moment.