VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Owens/Cena was the best match of the night for me. I wasn't surprised Owens won because the U.S. Belt wasn't on the line. If the belt was on the line Cena would have won because he really becomes super Cena when a championship is involved. I have to say they must have a lot of faith in Owens to let him look as good as he did and to let him use the moves he did. It's not very often they let someone do those kind of moves. For a second I thought they were going to let him use his package piledriver. I figure he will drop the NXT belt before MIB since he really does seem to be ready. I was kinda glad to see Ryback win and have a moment with Bryan. Especially since they are really good friends backstage. I was kind of shocked to see Prime Time look dominant. I wasn't surprised at the end though. No way was Ambrose winning the belt. I figure if the belt changes it won't be till SummerSlam. Overall for me it was a solid ppv.

The Tag Title match was pretty good, but i was really surprised the Brass Ring Club were eliminated before the PTP. Good for the PTP getting a good showing. i was also surprised the Ascension was allowed to look good. i'm not a fan of them, but i never understood why they were called up and then immediately buried.

Owens/Cena was incredibly dope and is a top 5 MOTY candidate for me. Really stoked for KO, although i am worried about the MiTB rematch. i hope KO doesn't get the Rusev/Wyatt/Umaga/etc. treatment after this feud with Cena.

The IC title match was a hot fart.

i fell asleep before the ME. How many times did Ambrose use the springboard clothesline?

The way things are going, it looks like they may be planning the Shield match for Summerslam. No idea what Lesnar will do in that scenario, though. Maybe we will also get Lesnar/Owens?

The other thought i had was that the Authority was going to turn on Rollins and bring in Lesnar to take the title off of him, but now it almost seems like they might be moving Reigns into that role.

The way things are going, it looks like they may be planning the Shield match for Summerslam. No idea what Lesnar will do in that scenario, though. Maybe we will also get Lesnar/Owens?

The other thought i had was that the Authority was going to turn on Rollins and bring in Lesnar to take the title off of him, but now it almost seems like they might be moving Reigns into that role.

My buddy and I were talking about the Authority ditching Rollins for Lesnar, but I agree that Reigns is fitting into the role of taking the title in whichever manner. I'd love to see Lesnar/Owens, but they're definitely going to have to settle Cena/Owens first.

They low-key announced the MITB participants last night, and Reigns is involved with that, which I found to be weird. Not saying he's gonna win, but if he was to win, having him in the main event picture seems weird. Also, MITB is two weeks away, which is wild to me. It's kind of poor booking, in my opinion. There is no rhyme or reason to the participants in the MITB match, is there? I bet it'll be a good match, but the build-up seems off.

Yeah, they randomly announced 6 participants (Dolph Ziggler, Neville, Roman Reigns, Randy Orton, Kofi Kingston, Sheamus) but emphasized that "there will be more." i'm assuming we will get a qualifying match or something tonight for the final 1-2 spots. No, there is no rhyme or reason to the participants other than "hey, you're an upper-midcarder not currently in a feud." i am also surprised that Kofi is in the match, but maybe Big E and Xavier will defend the titles that night.

i am fine with Reigns in the main event, but i don't see him as a MITB contract-holder. The whole gimmick is based around being opportunistic, which RR has never made a part of his character. The only way i could see it fitting is if he goes the RVD route and announces the date he is cashing in on beforehand.

Do you guys think Lesnar will just come back and take the title right back from Rollins?  I honestly don't see Lesnar beating Rollins for the title come end of summer.  I think Seth will weasel his way out of the match with the belt and keep it until fall or even RR.  

Yeah, initially, I thought Lesnar would come back and conquer, but I'm not sure that will be the case anymore with the way things are going. We'll see, though.

Owens-Cena may be the Match of the Year so far. This rivalry - and Kevin Owens' entire run so far - has been handled perfectly. KO could've gotten away with a dirty win and that made it even more shocking when he pinned Cena. And while I love to see him in NXT, there's no going back. Put him on the main roster for good as soon as he loses the title (to Breeze or Devitt) and continue to push him to the moon. They'd be fools not to take advantage of this - although luckily, I don't think HHH would let that happen.

I did like the tease in the main event since it made Ambrose look strong without damaging Rollins but the match itself was rather dull - much like the rest of the card except Owens-Cena and maybe the Tag Chamber (I also blame the shitty crowd). I'm really glad The Ryback is IC Champion though - it was nice to see him sharing his moment with Bryan.

Also: Reigns is a lock for MITB - and I'm actually cool with that. Maybe it's just me but I think he's improved quite a bit since WM.

I wonder how much of the crowd problems were.... not advertised as a PPV until, like, last week - die-hards weren't prepared to travel. I also wonder If the chamber takes people out of it...it must be hard to see what is going on, you'd have to watch the screen and that's a split second behind the action in the ring.

Yeah, I read that from some post of someone who was at the show. Imagine that. Buying house show tickets (at house show prices) and getting a PPV event. Pretty cool.

I brought that up to my friends last night. I've gone to the past few house shows in Lexington and sat in decent lower arena seats for $15. Would be super rad to find out the show was getting a serious upgrade.

Apparently, Samoa Joe signed an exclusive WWE deal and wrestled a dark match before Raw last night.

Joe's gonna kill you!

Really hoping this means he'll do the NXT tour that's on-going. 

Bummed out again by Raw though, every time they hype me up on a PPV they turn around and give a lackluster Raw. As mentioned, that Cena/Owens promo was solid + the 1 on 1 to 6 man tag with Ziggler, PTP, and the New Day. Wasn't too excited seeing Reigns that much though, he's better in spurts.

Anyone else catch the Austin podcast with Heyman? I personally prefer Austin over Jericho, he seems to ask what he's interested in and what fans would ask in addition to awesome backstage stories. Agreed 100% about his problem with nearly every move being nerfed beyond belief lately, the amount of kick outs to finishers and signatures is unnecessary unless it's a big name match.