VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Although i would love to see Punk/Taker, i think that Cena/Taker would be an epic match to end the Deadman's career. Of course, if Cena broke the streak, the IWC would self immolate and destroy the internet. i'd rather see Punk/Austin and Cena/Taker this year. Probably get Brock/Triple H or Brock/Rock this year, too.

I am with you... I love Punk, and I would love to see him beat Taker, but Cena would make sense. That is the most easily-digestible good triumphing over evil storyline they could throw together. Mr. Make-A-Wish defeats the Dead Man. The only reason I'd rather see that is if I can see Punk V Austin. Holy shit would that be a feud/match for the ages. Going to the brock lesnar thing, I'm still surprised they haven't used the Heyman angle to get Brock involved in this Ryback crap-feud he has going with Punk. Brock doing his "Ryback is scared pissless.. shittin his pants" shtick would be fun because it would be against someone his own size.

They should have ended the streak against Edge back when it was streak vs streak. It would have set Edge up as the biggest heel in the company. They havent had a good person lined up since then to be able to be benefit from beating him until Punk. I think Punk should win that match and it should be done this year if it is going to be done. I have no interest in watching a match between Punk and Austin. The feud up to it would be amazing, but the actual match would be a let down. Austin hasnt wrestled in YEARS and towards the end he wasnt putting on the best of matches as it was.

They should have ended the streak against Edge back when it was streak vs streak. It would have set Edge up as the biggest heel in the company. They havent had a good person lined up since then to be able to be benefit from beating him until Punk. I think Punk should win that match and it should be done this year if it is going to be done. I have no interest in watching a match between Punk and Austin. The feud up to it would be amazing, but the actual match would be a let down. Austin hasnt wrestled in YEARS and towards the end he wasnt putting on the best of matches as it was.

True... I guess I just want the feud. That and I want Austin back. Especially with Punks pathetic excuse for a heel turn in demanding respect, Austin comes in, flips in him off in a repeatedly flamboyant fashion, stunners him, drinks a beer, and walks off.... Then Punk actually kicks his ass in the ring. I just don't want to see the Rock again. I'd rather have Austin make a comeback with a good build up and a sloppy-yet-enjoyable match vs the rock and his candy ass jabroni taunts

I feel they are going to use Brock when Heyman turns on Punk and when everyone finds out that Heyman has been behind all the wins for Punk including the Shield help. I feel that if anyone goes after Taker it will be Punk which will cement his legacy with not just beating Taker but holding the belt that long. I am curious how they book mania though. I think Show should hold the title till mania and face Ryback. Think of the mania moment that would with Ryback shell shocking Show and winning the title.

The only reason that i doubt they will have Punk end the streak is due to the fact that he keeps stating that he will retire sooner than many people believe. If they put him over the Undertaker and he's only around for a couple more years, what's the point? Plus, CM Punk is probably the number 2 active, full-time guy behind Cena. He doesn't really need that push. Of course, Taker could win and make this all a moot point.

I feel they are going to use Brock when Heyman turns on Punk and when everyone finds out that Heyman has been behind all the wins for Punk including the Shield help. I feel that if anyone goes after Taker it will be Punk which will cement his legacy with not just beating Taker but holding the belt that long. I am curious how they book mania though. I think Show should hold the title till mania and face Ryback. Think of the mania moment that would with Ryback shell shocking Show and winning the title.

It is hard to picture this when he couldnt even get Heyman or Tensai up, how in the world would he get Show up on his shoulders?

Also, nothing will top Cena having both Show AND Edge on his shoulders for an AA.

So pumped to see the Shield in action and whats going to happen because of it. What I'm not excited about? The fact I now have tickets to a Punk-less event. Bummer but whatcha gonna do? Honestly wouldnt mind him just resting it until the Rumble. A meniscus tear and a visit to Dr. James Andrews is VERY serious. IMO he should rest it.

Looks like Punk isn't going to make the PPV. It's going to be Hell No with Ryback vs the Shield.

I love this match and I hate this match all at the same time. I love it because we get to see The Shield in the ring. I hate it (and this is going to make me unpopular around here) because Team Hell No is involved. That gimmick has just gone stale. They need those two to drop the titles and move on. I'm guessing the plans were to have Rhodes Scholars win the belts but since Cody got injured they had to change their plans.

As for Punk, if he does need to be gone for a while I see them making an intern champ. That way The Rock could still wrestle the champ at the Rumble and you protect Punks long title reign.

How on earth is Hell No stale? They're one of the only angles that actually has some level of depth and progression. Last Monday was the first time they came out together instead of individual intros. The Shield is making them bond stronger. It actually makes sense and should keep growing.

Based on most of your posts in this thread, you might have ADD.

hell no has done nothing but evolve, like scott said. small doses of change, but it's all been there. watching raw, i took a moment to appreciate how carefully they've progressed their story line.

things like bryan running out to help kane, and them not getting into a pissing match over it. soon enough it's going to involve cohesive teamwork in the ring. and when was the last time we heard "i am the tag team champions"?

I must have ADD because I have an opinion that differs from the majority here.

Bryan is a singles wrestler. He does his best work as a singles wrestler. His best matches in his career have been (and always will be) as a singles wrestler. Keeping Bryan in a tag team is like buying the nicest steak you can find then taking it to McDonalds to have it cooked.

Bryan is hands down one of the best in ring talents the WWE has (right up there with Ziggler, Punk and Cesaro). He doesn't get the opportunity to have full quality matches when they need to incorporate boring ass Kane. Yes Kane is a solid worker and he probably is the best "big (big) man" the WWE has but he's still boring.

The fact that they've dropped a shitty annoying catch phrase from their storyline does not mean they've developed as a tag team. All what they've done is switched them from being a "dysfunctional" tag team to functioning more as a traditional tag team should. Not development or advancement, it's just a shift. It's bland and boring and if it wasn't for 10 year olds and fanboys we probably wouldn't have to deal with it anymore.

10 year olds and fanboys... and every other wrestling fan who agrees that this is one of the best angles that they've run in years.

i'm not just saying this to single you out. i'm friends with A LOT of wrestling fans, and participate quite a bit in the wrestling community over at withleather. these are all "smart" fans, and 98% of them are still completely on board for this.