FUN. NEW LP and LTD 7"

Thought some people may be interested, and haven't seen anything about it. But just read this:

FUN.

On Monday fun. announced that they will be releasing their sophomore album, Some Nights, on February 21, 2012. There will also be a preorder for a limited-edition vinyl 7" for their single 'We Are Young' starting on November 28th. Watch the band perform an amazing version of 'We Are Young' with Janelle Monae in a new acoustic video HERE. http://ournameisfun.com/

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Glee is going to be covering this. Crazy.

You know, It's funny. How Nate Reuss was talking about not selling out and sticking to his integrity, in his songs too. Now his band is on Glee. Fuck that. Now I remember why I stopped listening to Fun.

Assuming the song wasn't written with the goal of getting played on Glee, I don't have a problem with this. I don't see it as any different than licensing songs to any other media, which is how plenty of legitimate bands have made money without the world ending. Andrew Dost (of fun)'s old band Anathallo paid for the recording of their last album by licensing a song to a Vick's Vapo-rub commercial.

Also LOL at "stopped listening to fun" when they have one album.