PO: Anthony Green - Beautiful Things (Out 1/17/12)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, got to the bottom of this: Every single copy of the Anthony Green issue that is in a Hot Topic has the AG flexi (and has a starburst on the cover saying there is a flexi-disc inside).

However, we had more flexis than copies that went to Hot Topic, so the remaining flexis were inserted into copies that shipped to Barnes & Nobles across the country—HOWEVER, because not every single copy that went into a B&N has a flexi, we couldn't put the flexi-disc starburst on the cover. So if you buy one from B&N and get a flexi-disc, think of it as a bonus. (Or check first before you buy.)

Went to Barnes and Noble last night and they still had the Paramore issue on the stands, went to Hot Topic and they still had The Wonder Years issue..geez behind much.

The reason why Hot Topic still had that issue out is because they don't do returns on the magazine—they keep all the old issues around until they sell. I'm sure there were other ones there, too.

As for B&N not having the Anthony Green issue out, that is a fuckup on their end, as the issue should've been brought out to shelves this past weekend. If you go there again, ask an employee to check the back room for copies, they have them.

What store/city/state did you buy this copy at? Trying to figure out if this was a distribution error or printing error.

it was in glendora, california

..by the way someone on the circaboards posted this when the bought the mag.

[image]

Wait, is that completely clear with no printing on it? Well, that's certainly interesting.

went and picked this up today most definitely worth the price green is such an interesting,well spoken person i always enjoy reading his interviews. and the flexi has surprisingly good sound quality.

this. you did this interview, right Scott? this was the first AP I've gotten since probably the 90s and actually read it cover to cover. I really enjoyed the Anthony Green interview. didn't know much about him personally.

went and picked this up today most definitely worth the price green is such an interesting,well spoken person i always enjoy reading his interviews. and the flexi has surprisingly good sound quality.

this. you did this interview, right Scott? this was the first AP I've gotten since probably the 90s and actually read it cover to cover. I really enjoyed the Anthony Green interview. didn't know much about him personally.

Yup, I wrote the cover story. Thanks for the kind words!

Went out to Barnes and Noble over the weekend and they had a bunch of copies of AP all with the Flexi in it. I went through each of them and I found one without any of the print on it so I bought two issues one with the Print and one without. But there were still like 8 copies left with the flexis