The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

stokd

The Social Network's soundtrack is solid enough, but I still feel like $300 is a pretty big gamble on something of this nature. I have no doubt that Ross and Reznor will deliver quality music that fits the film to a T. Having heard so little of what's going to be on those 6 LPs, though... I'll be stepping back from this one, and applauding anyone who pulls the trigger. If the OST delivers, I may keep my fingers crossed for a less grandiose package, like harryq mentioned above. In the meantime, I will be looking forward to the eye-candy from anyone who uploads some pics.

It's weird but when you are in the US, you must paid 300 $ (+/-220 euros) and for the rest of the world, it cost 128.50£ (+/- 150 euros)

It's a big difference for the same thing ???

How do you enter the europe version of the site?

I follow the link on the nullco website. Actually, this is link [dragontattoo.sandbaghq.com] is dead.

On the NIN forums, many people order by sandbag and have some problems (no confirmation, no download code)

After that, Trent himself posted that :

"Hey guys-

Here's what's up - we partnered with Mute for distribution outside the US for a number of reasons I'll explain later. Although they claimed differently, they were obviously unprepared for the onslaught of interest resulting in the unacceptable bullshit some of you have experienced. At about 10AM LA time Fri we'd had enough and switched everything over to our store. Shipping costs went up, orders got fulfilled - it seemed like the only real choice here.

For those of you in SANDBAG (what an appropriately shitty name) limbo, I will post what to do here as soon as I get the correct info. In the meantime I personally assure you you'll get your order IN order.

Again, my apologies for this. Our intentions were to serve you better, not this.

More info coming."

So, i order the Deluxe Edition but i don't know what happen with my order ??? ???

So, i order the Deluxe Edition but i don't know what happen with my order ??? ???

You should have received a receipt in the email you provided upon purchase.

Yes, i received a receipt but i can't login to my account and the site is dead. I hope to have good news next week. I hope one thing that I should not cancel my order via SANDBAG and repeat another order by Nulco

Yep, let's just sit back and patiently wait for the regular version, which should've been an option in the first place. I'll be exceedingly interested to see if they can sell 3000 copies though. They should've done 1000 $300 packages and 2000 regular IMO.

they sold 2500 copies of the ghosts thing for $300, so I don't doubt that trent has enough fans to buy out this one, too. and considering he's been making music longer than many of us (including me) have been alive, I assume a lot of his fans are older and (a) have more disposable income and (B) are more selective in their vinyl purchasing than someone in college like me

having said that, I wouldn't complain if they cut it down to 1000 copies and I got one of them :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest waltmorgan
Would you say that this version is better than the Swedish(please don't give anything away)

I haven't seen the US version. I don't even know why they felt the need to make another. The Swedish version was excellent.

Guest waltmorgan
Because the Swedish version wasn't all it could be, and the ending wasn't accurate to the book at all?

Is that a question? If so, I don't know, I haven't read any of the books. The Swedish version of TGWTDT was excellent though.

Because the Swedish version wasn't all it could be, and the ending wasn't accurate to the book at all?

Is that a question? If so, I don't know, I haven't read any of the books. The Swedish version of TGWTDT was excellent though.

It was a rhetorical question.

Because from what I've read the US version is more like the book. I'm seeing it tonight so I'll be able to compare.

One thing will be clear after you watch the movie...it's completely ridiculous the amount of music Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross made for the movie. And most of it didn't make it to the movie!

Supposedly the original cut of the film was a bit over 3 hours...so hopefully if and when there is an extended DVD release, a lot of that music will be in there with the restored/added stuff.