The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

stokd

I saw the new version today and it was good. There are things I like about the original and the new one, so I couldn't say that one is necessarily better than the other. I was really looking forward to the music, but it didn't

stand out. Maybe I was just too wrapped up in the story.

The Swedish film was great but Fincher's version is far superior. Anyone claiming otherwise is either kidding themselves or unwilling to admit it (or be seen admitting it). Better script, better acting, better directing, better cinematography, and somehow even more grim and resonant despite the fact that I knew what was going to happen ahead of time.

Totally forgot about this thread. I did end up splurging on the deluxe package, I can't wait for it to ship. The soundtrack itself fits the film perfectly, the movie itself was supposedly a little more faithful to the book than the Swedish one (this coming from a friend who read it like a week before). I was actually disappointed they didn't put a couple tracks like A Thousand Details or Oraculum in the film, but that's all the more reason to listen to the soundtrack on its own. Beautiful music, the covers were well done too. His wife really has some pipes on her, you don't really get to hear it as much on the How To Destroy Angels EP.

For those asking, I don't know if I would necessarily say the US version was "better". It was really good, I thought, but the only reasons I would recommend it over the Swedish version are for the soundtrack, and because it's in English. The Swedish ones are still really good, I might actually fire the last 2 up over holidays if I have time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know it happens a lot but that's fucking scummy listing releases on eBay that haven't even shipped yet. I wonder if any flippers get screwed doing that, listing it at double the price and not even recouping their original costs.

I paid for the 3-CD version and I've listened all the way through to this only once, and tried a few other times but barely got to the second disc. It's just friggin long. If my mind was being blown on every track I might see it differently, but I can't even fathom getting through 6 pieces of vinyl just to listen to this.

"Don't like it? Then don't buy it."

When people complain about their government, are you the guy saying "if you don't like it, don't live here?" :)

kinda... I emailed [email protected], asking if I could just order obama, since I didn't really want to have to pay for the republicans, too, but they said obama was only available in the bundle with the republicans. I could have settled for canada, but I was all like "not liking hockey in mn is bad enough, but in canada? they'd club me like a seal", so I decided to live here anyway. my decision to buy the tgwtdt deluxe edition over just the CD was similar, but I'm gonna use that shit out of that usb drive

and I'm still surprised that this hasn't sold out yet. good thing I didn't buy this to flip :)

I paid for the 3-CD version and I've listened all the way through to this only once, and tried a few other times but barely got to the second disc. It's just friggin long. If my mind was being blown on every track I might see it differently, but I can't even fathom getting through 6 pieces of vinyl just to listen to this.

I've only listened to it the whole way through once. I've done the front half and back half on separate afternoons while reading and sitting around at home but yeah it's really long. Overall I actually wish I would have gotten the deluxe pack of Ghosts I-IV or something similar if it existed for The Social Network. This soundtrack is really good for the movie but I listen to the other 2 a lot more because they're shorter and more memorable.

For me the soundtrack is great for listening while I am working on something as well. Especially on homework for school or studying. I personally love the soundtrack and find it highly emotional and beautiful. I have listened to it many times and still enjoy it a lot. I am really happy I bought it.