Type O Negative Vinyl Box Set (rsd-bf)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My local store called and said they have one on hold for me already. This stuff is not as restricted as April RSD stuff, so if you have a store that you are friendly with, see if they can hold a box for you.

I will say though, that even though I am very excited for this, I'm keeping my expectations for these pressings quite low. $115 for 6 double LP's screams United. Not only that but it's very possible that no special vinyl specific mastering was done and they are simply the CD or (hopefully) high res files pressed onto vinyl. I may email Roadrunner this week and see if they can give me any info. Although, in this case, ignorance may be bliss.

You can order it from various websites since different rules apply.

I have a boxset on the way to me and I had no idea I was getting (apparently I put in a request). I can't really afford it right now (not to mention I don't want it that much). If anybody wants dibs on it, send me a message. Not looking to make a profit or anything. Just get my money back, and also help out somebody here I suppose.

I will say though, that even though I am very excited for this, I'm keeping my expectations for these pressings quite low. $115 for 6 double LP's screams United. Not only that but it's very possible that no special vinyl specific mastering was done and they are simply the CD or (hopefully) high res files pressed onto vinyl. I may email Roadrunner this week and see if they can give me any info. Although, in this case, ignorance may be bliss.

Let me know if you get any info about the pressings. I've got this coming my way. Definitely stoked to get WCD and OR on vinyl.

I have mine. Nice set. No dreaded "circled U" in the deadwax. They redid the gatefold sleeves and they look a bit cheap inside where things were rearranged, but the price on this box set was low so I'm not judging too harshly.

I'll put them on soon. I have been listening to these albums on CD lately, so i'd have a good frame of reference to the comparison.

I also have an original OR so i may see if one sounds better than the other.