Third Man Records Vault (Worth It?)

Did a quick search for this an didn't find a thread.

Obviously a subjective question given someones particular tastes, but assuming you generally like Third Man Records releases, or at least the marquee artists, does anyone have any insight?

I'm contemplating the premium membership and was curious if anyone here was a member and if they found the price to be justified. It's worth noting that the eBay angle doesn't really apply here, I rarely sell anything.

Thanks!

I've been a vault member for like the last 4 or 5 quarters. Yeah it's an extravagant expense, but the payment gets automatically taken from my paypal, so i pretty much never know when the cash is gone and i'm surprised when a new shipment shows up.

people seems to get a little annoyed when the lp isn't White Stripes/Dead Weather/Racontours. The last shipment was Wanda Jackson, kinda cool, kind of a letdown. I like the annual singles collection lps, some people hate them.

in the end if you like third man everything and like getting lots of live albums then jump in. i think the next one is Racontours live, back after hiatus. The next one will be the single collection lps.

i've been doing it since the very first package. i think it's totally worth it if you're a fan. a lot of people like to sign up for packages they really want and and cancel if they don't want the next one. like the last poster said, if it's not the stripes, dead weather or the racs, people tend to get a little turned off. so you might want to wait until there's a package you really want. you'll only want to sign up during the first month of the quarter or you'll be signing up for a package before you know what it is and waiting a long time. you want to sign up in january, april, july, or october. the first package of the year is always a compilation of all the 7"s third man released the year prior.

My Dad and I "share" a Vault Package. Meaning he pays for it, keeps the stuff he wants and sends me the stuff he doesn't. He likes a lot of the reissues from Wanda Jackson and Loretta Lynn and various other rockabilly records. He's not so much into the White Stripes and Dead Weather. So he gives me those. Super win for me.

Is the vault any different than what they normally put out? The store in my area gets most of their stuff, but at 6-7 bucks a pop for a 7" turns me off. Not to mention that I hate Jack White's music. I do like Wanda jackson though, and the packaging they did on the gatefold that opens and plays music was pretty sweet.

Vault stuff is only available though the vault. We just got Wanda Jackson blue/black split live at Third Man. One of the radder ones lately was a double lp of the final White Stripes show.

For those who really care about knowing pressing numbers, Third Man does not release numbers for the Vault.

it seems like lately the packages have been going for less than 60 on ebay if you time it right.

it seems you can get the packages that aren't white stripes, dead weather or raconteurs on the cheap. just saw the last package (wanda jackson) go for $35 on ebay. just goes to show that they should stop releasing LP's in the vault if they're not a jack white band. brings down the value of the vault.

it seems like lately the packages have been going for less than 60 on ebay if you time it right.

it seems you can get the packages that aren't white stripes, dead weather or raconteurs on the cheap. just saw the last package (wanda jackson) go for $35 on ebay. just goes to show that they should stop releasing LP's in the vault if they're not a jack white band. brings down the value of the vault.

or people should stop buying vault packages with the sole intent to flip them. i know a bunch of people who thought they were going to cash in and can't sell them for cost now. just let people who want it buy it.