Thematic Rap albums?

Not sure if "thematic" is the right word, but I have a couple of rap albums I listen to regularly (Deltron 3030, A1 - After school special). I think I like that these have themes to them (Deltron has a futuristic/space travel theme and A1 is based off 90s TV shows).

So, are there anymore good rap albums that have themes that tie all the songs together rather than just a collection of random thoughts?

Classified - Self Explanatory is a pretty solid 'Name your own adventure' themed album. All the songs intertwine, and you have the option of skipping ahead to certain tracks depending on how you want the story to turn out. Sounds kind of campy, but his musical ability is great, along the line of Atmosphere. Good Canadian hip hop, with a theme!

Thanks for suggestions. Will look into them.

"Concept album" is probably a better phrase. I guess technically club rap has a "concept," just a dumb one. But yeah, a concept album with a studio feel (as opposed to laptop rap type stuff like MC Lars, which isn't bad but doesn't stick with me).

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':vutoprad]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':vutoprad]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Digital Underground - "Sex Packets"

Wu-Tang Clan - "36 Chambers: Enter the Wu-Tang"

Both are essential hip-hop albums, and both are meant to be listened to as full albums. "Game Theory" by The Roots doesn't follow much of a story but it, along with most Roots albums, has overlying themes in it.

Digital Underground - "Sex Packets"

Wu-Tang Clan - "36 Chambers: Enter the Wu-Tang"

Both are essential hip-hop albums, and both are meant to be listened to as full albums. "Game Theory" by The Roots doesn't follow much of a story but it, along with most Roots albums, has overlying themes in it.

I know it's probably lacking in terms of overarching theme, but the first Roots record that they did back in the early 90's is some seriously incredible stuff.

Classified - Self Explanatory is a pretty solid 'Name your own adventure' themed album. All the songs intertwine, and you have the option of skipping ahead to certain tracks depending on how you want the story to turn out. Sounds kind of campy, but his musical ability is great, along the line of Atmosphere. Good Canadian hip hop, with a theme!

my first thought, exactly.