wtb: antichrist superstar

chadhardbodies

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I like that. I've never been a fan of transparent colored vinyl, so the more solid the better - I'd actually suggest a more marbled version of the red:

[image]

Also - it's always bummed me out that even at any price, I've never been able to get The Last Tour on Earth on vinyl because it never existed on the format. That should definitely be addressed!

I dig that marbling as long as its with black and not a bunch recycled pinks and purples smashed in. And I agree that Last Tour would be nice but I prefer the studio albums get priority on repressing.

Yeah absolutely. Honestly though, the red you linked along with the other disc being black would work just as well as I'd be stoked either way. I would bet that any MM stuff would sell so putting out Portrait through Grotesque would be fairly safe gambles. Having Smells Like Children and Last Tour would be nice bonuses.

Quick sidenote: all this MM talk put me on a listening binge and I went to dig through my CD collection and found a copy of The Spooky Kids: Lunch Boxes and Choklit Cows. It's the double disc version with the CD and the DVD - found it for 49 cents a few years back and picked it up out of curiosity. Had no clue that the single disc version of it goes for $40 while the version I have goes for $140. Craziness.

btw, kinda stoked that I got to be part of an informal brainstorming session on the colors for this record, hahah.

I dig that marbling as long as its with black and not a bunch recycled pinks and purples smashed in. And I agree that Last Tour would be nice but I prefer the studio albums get priority on repressing.

Yeah absolutely. Honestly though, the red you linked along with the other disc being black would work just as well as I'd be stoked either way. I would bet that any MM stuff would sell so putting out Portrait through Grotesque would be fairly safe gambles. Having Smells Like Children and Last Tour would be nice bonuses.

Agreed.

I think red/black is the way to go for AS

So A/B Black and C/D Red or viceversa? Again, you're beyond awesome for attempting this and I'm beyond grateful that you're taking the time AND suggestions.

Oh, and if it comes up, try to pull for the shock symbol labels as opposed to the white ones with black text as previous presses have had. Would definitely be the better aesthetic option especially on the red disc.

I had NO CLUE this topic would blow up like this XD Honestly, I'd buy the shit out of the Triptych records. And as for color, I really like the marbled red idea. Or just 180g black. I find this whole thread entertaining

I was actually going to bug travis about this a long time ago but didn't want to bother him about since I was already all up his ass over the more recent Deftones represses. To think, this might have gotten done by now based on how easily he went for it had I gone out of my way to make a case for it.

When the Universal folks get back in the office early next year I will hit them up about doing a Manson LP for HT exclusively.

Which one should I start with? Antichrist?

I would be in for 'Antichrist' and 'Portait' easy - especially if 'Portait' is a double LP. (Aren't all originals a single LP? It's been a while since I've attempted to hunt them down.)

After that I really stopped caring but those first two were HUGE for me at the time and I'd love to have nice LP copies.

The original is a Simply Vinyl pressing from 1999 and is a 2XLP. The t-shirt box version from 2009 is a single green LP with labels made out of a promo photo of Manson shot in 2009. Worst label concept ever.

Smells like Children was first pressed in 2001 and is a single LP.

All the rest have been 2XLP. Eat me, Drink me and The High End of Low were not pressed.

i actually wouldn't mind eat me drink me on vinyl (unpopular opinion)

Sorry dude, I think EMDM is his worst record by far XD I know pic discs aren't known for great sound, but I'd love to own the original AS one just for collectability...that being said, I'd be much more likely (guaranteed even) to buy any represses from Portrait to Holy Wood at a less exorbitant price than the hundred dollar crap floating around on Greedbay. I really want the blue/white Mechanical Animals too, hopefully you guys can get some sweet colors for that if the time comes

The original is a Simply Vinyl pressing from 1999 and is a 2XLP. The t-shirt box version from 2009 is a single green LP with labels made out of a promo photo of Manson shot in 2009. Worst label concept ever.

Smells like Children was first pressed in 2001 and is a single LP.

Good to know - I was unaware of the 2009 pressing.

I would totally be in for 'Smells Like Children' as well, while we're at it.

Sorry dude, I think EMDM is his worst record by far XD I know pic discs aren't known for great sound, but I'd love to own the original AS one just for collectability...that being said, I'd be much more likely (guaranteed even) to buy any represses from Portrait to Holy Wood at a less exorbitant price than the hundred dollar crap floating around on Greedbay. I really want the blue/white Mechanical Animals too, hopefully you guys can get some sweet colors for that if the time comes

for some reason i'm into it.

and the pic disc of AS does look awesome and would be cool to have, but i'd still strongly prefer the black 2xlp that is floating around

Honestly, I think a straight blue and white re-press for MA would be the way to go.