wtb: antichrist superstar

chadhardbodies

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yesssss. I would buy all represses, even if I just got the Portrait SV for $30 on RSD and have owned MA since 1999. i think 180 gram is a necessity, the SV press of Portrait was awesome. I'd actually be more down for black or solid colors, most marble or swirl pressings in 2011 really sounded like shit to me. the black/dark red idea sounds good.

I'd say this order would work best: (and preferably nice 2xLP gatefolds for big $$$$)

Antichrist Superstar

Portrait

Smells Like Children

Mechanical Animals

Golden Age Of Grotesque

Last Tour On Earth

Holy Wood

The High End Of Low

Eat Me Drink Me

the Manson vinyl market has ALWAYS been there.

I might try a couple Manson records if they agree to do 1 and it sells well Ill ask about others.

Eat Me Drink Me and High End of Low will most definitely not be a part of that tho, no way could I sell enough of those albums to even consider asking about getting them pressed.

IF Antichrist happens Ill probably ask about Mechanical Animals after that then we'll see what else if those sell well.

We're getting a little ahead of ourselves tho, I dont even know if Antichrist will happen. I havent even asked them about that yet.

Skip Smells Like Children too. The SV version only sells for $30-40 so the market isn't there for a repress I don't think.

Also, you could sell a TON of Local H... in Zion, IL where they're from. That being said, I listened to Hamfisted a lot on Walkman on my paper route.

I vote AGAINST skipping SLC. 30-40 is nowhere near a justifiable price to pay and most of what I've seen has been well above that amount. I'm certain most of the same market that would purchase Portrait and ACSS would be happy to pay reasonable retail price for that one as well... or just steal it from an Urban Outfitters.

Skip Smells Like Children too. The SV version only sells for $30-40 so the market isn't there for a repress I don't think.

Also, you could sell a TON of Local H... in Zion, IL where they're from. That being said, I listened to Hamfisted a lot on Walkman on my paper route.

+1 - local h was glued to my discman in high school.

The market for Local H on vinyl is there, prob not a Hot Topic type thing though.

Labels have minimums when doing represses and Majors usually have pretty high minimums. Im sure I could sell a few copies of those last couple Manson records but not nearly enough to make it worth my time asking about them. The label isnt just going to repress those albums on their own just to do it cause their ebay prices are high. They just dont operate like that.

Ill ask about ACS then IF that happens and it sells really well Ill ask about a couple others. Just letting you guys know right now I have no plans on getting the entire Manson catalog reissued. Plus I have other records Im working on getting reissued as well :)

as off topic as local h is to manson i agree, i would love to see 180g pressings of good as dead and pack up the cats.

The demand exists for more than a lot of things that do get pressed.

Local H is still played at hipster bars and pool halls. Perhaps people would like them better if they were Eddie Vedder.

Labels have minimums when doing represses and Majors usually have pretty high minimums. Im sure I could sell a few copies of those last couple Manson records but not nearly enough to make it worth my time asking about them. The label isnt just going to repress those albums on their own just to do it cause their ebay prices are high. They just dont operate like that.

Ill ask about ACS then IF that happens and it sells really well Ill ask about a couple others. Just letting you guys know right now I have no plans on getting the entire Manson catalog reissued. Plus I have other records Im working on getting reissued as well :)

If you tried for a Manson complete boxset and didn't do the individual albums people would buy it.

If you tried for a Manson complete boxset and didn't do the individual albums people would buy it.

It would be REALLY expensive and Id be able to sell a few at HT then Id end up having to mark down the hundreds upon hundreds of leftover copies that didnt sell. If his label wants to make a vinyl box set Id carry a few at HT but I wont be approaching the label to make them exclusively for HT. Im gonna start checking on Anti-Christ soon tho once I wrap up a couple other things Im doing with Universal.

• 3 months later...