best record store in Seattle/Redmond, WA

off the top of my head i know theres a streetlight records there.

I live in Sacramento and I've never heard of that place. I know there's one in the bay though.

I have a list of all the stores in Sac posted on page 5 of the "Official Record Stores List (help us list them all)" thread. My favorite shop out here is Phono Select. It's not a giant store but their selection and prices are awesome. The owners are damn good people too.

The underground was kinda remiscent of streetlight but it is gone now.

Goddamn I miss The Underground. Used to love that store. I remember back in like 98 when some employees there were watching CKY stuff and they got me turned onto all that. Found all kinds of cool shit there.

3rd st (ave?) records in Portland was ok

If you have a smart phone check out that record store finder app.

oh yeah. ill check that app out. i dont have a smart phone because i have a company phone and they dont want to spend alot of money on me. but at least i dont have a bill. ill use my moms phone to download that app though... i still prefer direct opinions from people. computers dont know if stores have good selections and prices.

Jive Time, Easy Street, Singles Going Steady, Sonic Boom.

I don't think you'll find any record stores in Redmond or anywhere on the Eastside. All these in Seattle are good though. Definitely hit SinglesGoing Steady up if you've never been before. Jive time is hit and miss but some good things can be found. Don't care for Sonic Boom, just indie/hipster stuff nothing I personally care about. Easy Street has two locations and offers a good variety at both but the Queen Ann store probably has more.

fallout and bedazzled are both long gone. fallout was the best.

thats a small tragedy for the city, i believe it was 2000 when i saw the white stripes at fallout records getting down and dirty. thats when i knew this dude had some serious chops! the owner of fallout was an exceptional human being, always willling to help and point you in the right direction of music, and welcomed you in the store with big smile, a hot piece of wax spinning on the record player, good times. best punk establishment for a record store historical in the city. sucks to hear it's gone. What's there now ??

bedazzled was much more like a record store out of high fidelity, definitely some of that going on there, but the owner Al, had a great ecelctic stock of music from international (world), to essentails like Bowie and the Beach Boys, to sections dedicated to UK punk and Jamican Reggae. Really great store, definitely strongly indie influnced, but for all the indie record stores in seattle i prefered this one, it was located in the U dist and that place can get down right seedy and atomic.

I went to a place called Wall of Sound. Small store, but some really cool stuff there. Half of the place is records, the other half is books. The guy working (had a long black beard) was really cool. I'd recommend Singles Going Steady. There was also a place called B-Side Music that I found on the way walking to Singles Going Steady. It has a drum kit in the window. If you go to Jive Time, check the Fremont Vintage Market. It's right across the street. There are tons of records in there- some are cheap, some are beat up, some are both. Their cheap records are Jive Time's overflow. There are also other vendors in there selling records. Didn't make it to Georgetown Records, Singles Going Steady in Queen Anne. I went to a Singles Going Steady, but the word was it was going out of business. There are also a few places in Pike's Place Market area as well.

Porchlight, how did I miss you?

i ran out of time to go to all the places everyone suggested. Thank you very much by the way, i really appreciate the info. I only had time to stop by sonic boom for a half hour before i caught the plane back home. i couldnt really find anything i was looking for aside from lifted by bright eyes. the prices were pretty good though, that doors box set was only $45 instead of everyone elses prices being $50. When I got home my friend picked me up from LAX and we stopped by Amoeba... I found more there that i wanted. I found an old 7" by hole, personal jesus by marilyn manson, and carnavas by silversun pickups. there were like 8 other records i found but couldnt afford. i think its hard to top that selection.

3rd st (ave?) records in Portland was ok

If you have a smart phone check out that record store finder app.

It's 2nd ave. and they mostly specialize in rap and metal. They have a ton of My Bloody Valentine bootlegs there. I'm always really skeptical about what I buy there.