Prometheus (Ridley Scott flick)

Also this to get people excited

more like gameplay TEASER.

if this is the same engine as AVP it will only be kinda good.

Done by a completely different company. The developers worked directly with the original filmmakers to create a cohesive story that's supposed to fill in a lot of the gaps in the movies. It's being made by the guys that did Borderlands.

• 5 months later...

Going to see this later this evening. The ~75% on rotten tomatoes makes me think that I'll probably enjoy it but it might not be the most amazing movie ever. There are just too many cool people involved with this project for me to pass it up. Ridley Scott, Damon Lindelof, Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender, Guy Pierce... etc etc.

The thing about the this, is that though I appreciate that the story is being told, and overall, the story is good, the movie (writing / sub plots / acting) was just a giant let down. The IMAX 3D experience was awesome. And though I thought it was bad, I would still say to go see it... in IMAX 3D

Definitely an entertaining movie, but surely a let-down if you go in expecting it to be the Alien prequel you really want it to be. The connection in the movie is very, very loose, but still fairly satisfying.

I also laughed quite a bit throughout the movie. Some parts of it are so unbelievably cheesy and tacky, but I wouldn't say it hurts the movie.