Newbury Comics

all i remember is i went to the one on newbury street and another one near the north end. both were god awful. but then again i don't really look for much of the same bands as most on vc users do.

so they had tons of shitty records?

:P

Are they cutting down on vinyl chain wide? I went to the one in Maine that I used to frequent alot back in college and the section isnt even a third of what it used to be. Had all the radiohead stuff, about 5 rap singles, and two misfits to go with some 7"s. The one on Newbury Street though I have gotten so many good deals there.

The one by the mall? They have cut about 90% of stock, I just don't think it moves round those parts. I routinely find shit at other ME shops that has just been sitting. Newberry in Boston still has a good stock though.

Thats the one. I think compared to other major store in Maine, they cant compete with the prices. Newbury is always a few bucks more on new stuff and used is a rip off there.

I am actually headed to Somerville, MA tomorrow....anyone know which one is closest to this area...im am not familiar at all ....never been....thanks

In addition to the already-mentioned Harvard Square shop, here's also one near Alewife in the little strip mall thing. I think I've only been there once (not convenient for me). Seemed like the average smallish strip mall-based Newbury Comics location to me.

I am actually headed to Somerville, MA tomorrow....anyone know which one is closest to this area...im am not familiar at all ....never been....thanks

In addition to the already-mentioned Harvard Square shop, here's also one near Alewife in the little strip mall thing. I think I've only been there once (not convenient for me). Seemed like the average smallish strip mall-based Newbury Comics location to me.

Even if the one near Alewife is closer to where you are, it would be worth your while to go to the one in Harvard Square, the vinyl selection in Harvard Square is probably 20 times larger.

Also, it's across the street from an Urban Outfitters that usually has sick vinyl clearance. I got the John Lennon Imagine 180 gram reissue there for $5.

all i remember is i went to the one on newbury street and another one near the north end. both were god awful. but then again i don't really look for much of the same bands as most on vc users do.

so they had tons of blink records?

i don't know. i didn't pay attention. i sifted through them and found just stuff i could have got in austin. i like record stores which carry tons of used records as well, and not just old mass produced stuff. i like finding old punk records from the 80's and 90's, or 2000 even. just not stuff you will find at every other record store in america.

For instance, i use to hit up this place in austin called Sound on Sound that always had stuff to buy. they closed up shop a year ago, but when i went i walked out with $70 worth of used vinyl. all OOP stuff that was on my list. Stuff from early to mid 90's. and for $3 to $10 too. I was in heaven. Too bad it closed.

I love newbury comics. I live in RI, so it's super convenient.

I totally recommend signing up for their newsletter. It's once a week and I've gotten some great deals, and the occasional free pint glass.

Hell just a few weeks ago there was a "25% of all vinyl" coupon.

But Norwood is definitely probably one of the best. Can't beat the used records.

thanks everyone....

hit up the NEWBURY ST. one today! bought about $120 worth of stuff...which included a copy of Weezer Blue and Pinkerton! must be another repress of these....they say there from Holland!

hitting up Harvard one monday!!!!!

hell yeah, i picked up the blue album as well. kinda hurts to pay $32 for a single LP but that album is a bit hard to come by so i jumped on it anyway.

Since you were in Providence, I hope you also went to Armageddon and Olympic! :D

Regardless, I love Newbury Comics, especially that Norwood store. I've dropped far too much money in my life at their stores.

Is that Norwood store still worth hitting up. I'm headed down there to see some hockey this weekend but have to return some shit to IKEA in Stoughton.

Thinking about looping back by Norwood on the way up to Boston but I think someone said their used section is no longer great. Anyone?

newbury and harvard square are easily the best ive been to.

a little more than a year ago, the amherst store moved to northampton, and was able to pretty much triple in size. unfortunately the vinyl section didnt benefit much from it.

the selection is still pretty good, but the used section is a joke when you can get everything in it for 1/3 the price across the street.

Haha yeah turn it up rules. I've gotten so many deals there it isn't even funny. I live right up the street and pop in like 3 times a week.

Well, I'm just posting in this thread because I saw "comics" and my friend's have a friggin' amazing one out on 215ink called "Beware..." I don't like comics much and I still dig on it, the art and the writing are wonderful. It's like what was great about the twilight zone (and science) put to comics again.

If you have a momento, check out the Facebook and if you like it, give 'em a like. This is of my own accord. I really dig it.

www.facebook.com/bewarecomics on Facebook.

[image]

Since you were in Providence, I hope you also went to Armageddon and Olympic! :D

Regardless, I love Newbury Comics, especially that Norwood store. I've dropped far too much money in my life at their stores.

Is that Norwood store still worth hitting up. I'm headed down there to see some hockey this weekend but have to return some shit to IKEA in Stoughton.

Thinking about looping back by Norwood on the way up to Boston but I think someone said their used section is no longer great. Anyone?

I was at the norwood store on Sunday, it was ok depending on what yr looking for, not a ton of metal but some, but I did pick up some birthday party represses.