Threadz thread

Why have you only washed them once? I don't get it. Don't you sweat and fart in those things. ew.

Yeah of course. Put them in the freezer or hang them out for an afternoon every couple of months, honestly unless you're going to shit yourself or spill your drinks all over them they really don't smell. Why would you want to buy jeans that are worn in for you already?

Yeah of course. Put them in the freezer or hang them out for an afternoon every couple of months, honestly unless you're going to shit yourself or spill your drinks all over them they really don't smell. Why would you want to buy jeans that are worn in for you already?

I buy Levi 559's, pretty sure 559. They're not already worn in for me. I didn't think jeans came like that, unless you buy those jeans from the early 2000's that had holes in them, haha. I still don't understand the not washing thing, not convinced.

I buy Levi 559's, pretty sure 559. They're not already worn in for me. I didn't think jeans came like that, unless you buy those jeans from the early 2000's that had holes in them, haha. I still don't understand the not washing thing, not convinced.

They'll be pre-washed for sure, try on a pair of 14oz dry denim jeans and you'll notice the difference. They're super stiff when you buy them and they crease and stretch around your body over time (they'll soften up a good amount by about a month in, though). Once you wash them after 6+ months of wear the indigo will wash out in the creases and where they've worn, leaving you with a completely individual pair of jeans. They look awesome, i wasn't convinced before but i wouldn't buy anything other than dry now.

There's nothing inherently wrong with washed denim. It's just that most lower grade consumer brands use fading that looks like garbage and isn't accurate at all (honeycombs all the way down on the calves, for example). Washed denim looks great when the designer actually spends time on it.

Also, dry denim is a huge commitment and wearing a single pair of jeans every day isn't for everyone. The final result is great, but it's getting past the barrier is often an issue.

take it from someone who has worked way too much clothing retail. it's legit.

• 1 month later...

i'm so upset that this is the only picture that exists of me from this night.

6d307aa668bd11e280cd22000a9f18de_7.jpg

rocking my grandpa's fedora. charcoal ck suit coat with solid purple pocket square. slim fit checkered button up and navy tailored straight pants from gap. a killer pair of oxfords that i wish i had in 4 different colors. and a navy/white/purple scarf.

this was the first time i've made so many bold choices together, and i seriously killed it.

and while i mention the slacks from gap, i now have 4 pairs of them; 2 navy, khaki, black. and i just picked up a pair of the same in kind of a chambray tan at banana republic. 

this employee discount is one of the best things that's ever happened to my wardobe. right behind everything of my grandpa's that i scored.

I ripped my A.P.C. Petit Standards a week ago. Shit sucks.

:(

I've had a pair for a week, loving them so far. There must be a denim repair service you can send them to? I recently ripped the crotch out of a pair of very well worn Edwins, i love them and they look really cool so i sent them off, got them patched and returned within a week, they'll be good for another couple of years now i reckon. Next pair will be by Unbranded, i'm in LA on honeymoon in sept and i've found a place i can get some.

:(

I've had a pair for a week, loving them so far. There must be a denim repair service you can send them to? I recently ripped the crotch out of a pair of very well worn Edwins, i love them and they look really cool so i sent them off, got them patched and returned within a week, they'll be good for another couple of years now i reckon. Next pair will be by Unbranded, i'm in LA on honeymoon in sept and i've found a place i can get some.

Boycott the unbranded's dude, they sell that gaff at urban outfitters.

Saving for the pants to wear with my new rad sweatshirt:

rsacs400_04.jpg

Good fucking god, why do these exist?  I'm sorry, for the most part I tend not to bag on shit people are into on this board, but I can't hold back on this.  First off, that sweatshirt was god fucking awful.  If I saw anyone in that sweatshirt, I would find the closest living thing and kill it.  Second, these pants?  No, just no.  No to everything about them.  I can't handle this.  Why do these exist?