The Horrible Crowes - Ladykiller 7"

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't know that I can justify buying one of the Euro ones. As nice as it'd be to have them all, paying all that shipping and whatnot for a 7" is a bit much. I will be in Paris next week, anyone know of anywhere there that may have it?

lol...shipping is "a bit much" but you can afford a trip to Paris...

I am going with a group through school, so not only did I have scholarships to help cover that program, but I got a decent rate. There is also a difference between shelling out for a trip (especially when you have scholarships to help cover parts of it) and paying like 12-16 dollars for a 7 inch that you already have.

I am going with a group through school, so not only did I have scholarships to help cover that program, but I got a decent rate. There is also a difference between shelling out for a trip (especially when you have scholarships to help cover parts of it) and paying like 12-16 dollars for a 7 inch that you already have.

Don't worry, I heard Sallie Mae is a record collector. Take a loan out, she'll understand.

well that answers the question right there, don't need it. If you're not going after a complete collection, don't order or do it the man way and organize a group buy, that way everyone can get a copy for something like 8-10 bucks. We've done a few group buys when greenhell was the only place to get sideone variants...

well that answers the question right there, don't need it. If you're not going after a complete collection, don't order or do it the man way and organize a group buy, that way everyone can get a copy for something like 8-10 bucks. We've done a few group buys when greenhell was the only place to get sideone variants...

Yeah. I was contemplating trying to get a Horrible Crowes collection going, but I think that I'm good without one.

I still don't know that I can justify buying one of the Euro ones. As nice as it'd be to have them all, paying all that shipping and whatnot for a 7" is a bit much. I will be in Paris next week, anyone know of anywhere there that may have it?

It's available in this webstore which has just opened a record store in Paris (Fargo, 42 rue de la Folie Méricourt, Paris XIème): http://www.fargostore.com/mod/index.php?lang=en

The color is not mentionned though.

There's also Gibert Disques (34 boulevard Saint-Michel, Paris VIème) which has a lot of vinyl but Elsie is just available on CD on their website.

Oh, and if you like garage/rock'n'roll, this is the best record store in Paris: Born Bad (http://www.bornbad.fr/)

Edit: I'm still looking for the US colored pressings of the Ladykiller 7", anyone that has a spare copy can PM me, thanks!

SideOneDummy Records is pleased to announce three limited edition 7" vinyl releases to support the 5th annual Record Store Day. The label will be pressing some unique 7"s from Flogging Molly, The Horrible Crowes, and Dave Hause which will be released on April 21, 2012.

Press Release

Flogging Molly and Side One Dummy recently dusted off the 2 inch tape from the Drunken Lullabies recording sessions and uncovered the original version of the title track mixed by engineer Steve Albini. The B-side will feature a previously unreleased acoustic version of "A Prayer For Me In Silence," a song that appears on the band's most recent album Speed of Darkness. The release will be pressed on red vinyl and limited to 2,000 copies.

The Horrible Crowes Records Store Day 7"was recorded during the band's in-store appearance on September 15, 2011 at Fingerprints Music, an independent record store located in Long Beach, CA. It features live versions of "I Witnessed A Crime" and "Blood Loss. " A limited pressing of 300 copies on blood red vinyl will be available exclusively at Fingerprints, with an additional 1,000 copies pressed on black vinyl that will be available at the 700+ other independent record stores around the United States..

Dave Hause' Resolutions is the first in a series of 7" releases on various independent labels. Hause, the front-man for Philadelphia based punk band The Loved Ones, is teaming up with Jade Tree Records, Chunksaah Records, Bridge Nine Records and Side One Dummy. Each release will feature Hause covering two songs from the respective label's catalog. Resolutions will feature covers of Audra Mae's "The River" (From the 2010 release The Happiest Lamb) and Flogging Molly's "Whistles The Wind" (From the 2004 release Within A Mile of Home.) The Hause originals "Resolutions" and "Melanin" will also appear on the release. The pressing is limited to 300 copies on black vinyl and 300 on white vinyl.

For more information go to the Record Store Day official website.