Park - It Wont Snow / No Signal Vinyl

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the version of Kill Collapse I have is from the pre-master CD version of the album that Ladd gave me. It sounds the roughest of all the tracks for sure, so maybe it's no better than the MySpace rip. I never got the retail CD so 1.) Never saw the videos I made for it and 2.) Have no idea what the final versions of the songs sound like. So this record will be a real treat!

You should totally rip that unmastered version, and upload it for us!

Edit: After some weird googling, came across this page which has something called the "Blue Screen" demo on it, which appears to be the missing tape.

http://somethingscantbeignored.wordpress.com/2011/07/31/park-blue-screen-demo/

I think the version of Kill Collapse I have is from the pre-master CD version of the album that Ladd gave me. It sounds the roughest of all the tracks for sure, so maybe it's no better than the MySpace rip. I never got the retail CD so 1.) Never saw the videos I made for it and 2.) Have no idea what the final versions of the songs sound like. So this record will be a real treat!

You should totally rip that unmastered version, and upload it for us!

Edit: After some weird googling, came across this page which has something called the "Blue Screen" demo on it, which appears to be the missing tape.

that is the tape i was referring to. I bought it from the polyvinyl distro way back when.

Just went through my Park stuff and found another track called "All Night Long." I may have just given it that name- it's from that unmastered disc my version of "Kill Collapse" came from. Anyone know anything about it?

EDIT: It's just the demo version of "Numerous Murders." Damn it's been a long time since I've listened to this stuff!

Also, in a related note, I never got Early August's first release. Anyone have it? I could ask Steve but he' lives in Brazil...

Edit: I also found my rip of "Eraser", which is an awesome track if anyone needs it.

My Park collection if anyone needs anything/has anything I don't have... like a rip of the final dvd or something.

[image]

I totally want most of that list (other than the obvious retail releases, i've not heard any of those) but that's a large request and I don't really have much to offer in trade... =(

So confused how Building a Better ______ is still in print?

I have bought around 10 copies myself...this thing is huge!

It's not in print still, the only print just never sold out :P. As much as I love Park, I can see why, they never had a huge following. Glad to own both 7 inches as well.

any idea how many were pressed?

EDIT:

Nevermind, found it on discogs...

100 copies on 180 gram black vinyl (hand-numbered, stamped)

400 copies on 180 gram green vinyl

Can't believe only 400 copies were pressed and it's still available. really glad i got one.

In terms of bonus tracks, Danny & Lobster are trying to figure out RIGHT now what they have and can find. Given they find something and the band is cool with it we could work some bonus material into this. Fingers crossed!

Ladd and Miles once told me that they had "tons of that stuff." They never put it on their website because, at the time, MP3.com was paying artists for downloads. So the plan was to slowly release demos and stuff on there so they could get paid. Obviously, that panned out for no one. But lots of stuff exists, I assure you.

I'll look for that disc- the MP3s I have of the record are from it, but I think they're 128k from my Winamp days. And, again, not sure at all how different it might be. But I'll see if I have the disc.

EDIT: Found the disc. Does the retail version have an 11th track that's just :42 of drum beats? If not, then there might be some small differences in this version. Turns out those two demo tracks aren't on this disc either, so I'm not sure where I got those.

ONE CENT?!~?!

i'll take two.

;D

looks like we got some numbers and colors (taken from SRC site)

No Signal - Vinyl Color: Cloudy Blue (LTD 250), Translucent Purple Mix (LTD 250)

It Won't Snow - Vinyl Color: Fire Orange w/ Black Smoke (LTD 250), Opaque Yellow w/ Black Swirl (LTD 250)

Dammit, I'm gonna have to buy them all. Haha

this is a blog put together to bring old and hard to find albums from Springfield IL music scene to the surface for people who might of lost or never were able to get their hands on.

Here is a rip of that cassette tape people were asking for

looks like we got some numbers and colors (taken from SRC site)

No Signal - Vinyl Color: Cloudy Blue (LTD 250), Translucent Purple Mix (LTD 250)

It Won't Snow - Vinyl Color: Fire Orange w/ Black Smoke (LTD 250), Opaque Yellow w/ Black Swirl (LTD 250)

Dammit, I'm gonna have to buy them all. Haha

you're telling me. I need to know the second these go up.

very cool that people are into the band. and i agree---don't pay big money for the early stuff. i was the drummer on all the early stuff. if you guys need or want any of that stuff just let me know. i have all the early posters, our first t-shirt, practice recordings, and video--haha! and all the comps, 7 inches, and scene 14 cd's./ its cool to know people like that stuff. don't pay crazy amounts at all for this stuff. just stoked you guys want to listen to the early stuff. my email is [email protected].

thanks guys!