Bright Eyes Back Catalog REPRESS - Preorder

gmoney

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some other info:

- All 6 releases are being pressed at RTI.

- The full lengths are on 180 gram (Collection, Letting off the Happiness, Fevers, Oh Holy Fools).The EPs are on standard weight vinyl (Every Day, No Beginning).

- Collection and Fevers are both 2LPs. They are in the "old-school" Stoughton tip-on gatefold jackets. Single LP releases are in standard jackets.

- All of them come with the full release on CD.

- The Fevers pressing does not have the bonus track that was in the box set, but it's on 2 LPs instead of one. The first pressing on 1 LP was really compressed to fit. The box set had 2 LPs, but was on standard weight vinyl (pressed at United, I think?). This 2LP is on 180 gram vinyl, pressed at RTI, so it's a higher quality pressing.

- Letting off the Happiness doesn't have the bonus track from the box set, but again it is on 180 gram vinyl, from RTI.

- The reason that the two bonus tracks weren't included was that we wanted to get these back in print in a form that was true to the original albums.

- We made 2000 of each title, except for Fevers which was 3000. These are going to go kind of quickly, but not exactly sure how long they'll last. A portion of that quantity will ship to ADA for distribution to stores. The rest will be on our online store for the bundle deal.

- We're not 100% sure what the plan is for keeping these in print. We're hoping to keep them in print for the foreseeable future, but additional pressings haven't been completely decided on so I can't promise anything right now. I think the plan is to see how fast these go, and then make a decision.

Guest greymundos
hopefully this means cursive back catalog represses are coming soon!

If you see them on tour ever they always have a shit load of vinyl with em

I think a lot of people want Burst & Bloom. I'd also like a new issue of 8 Teeth to Eat You. Not necessarily a reissue since I don't care much for the Eastern Youth tracks.

I ordered these Bright Eyes once as soon as I saw them listen on the Saddle Creek site. I got the Fevers & Mirrors UK record store day pressing not long ago but decided to get it anyways. Does anyone know if it'll have a reflective thing in the mirror?

The box set isn't great. I passed up on it years ago when I didn't have a working record player but I borrowed it from a friend recently and the bonus tracks kind of bugged me. They would show up in the middle of the album and I felt like it took away from the experience of how I remembered them. The mastering didn't sound great and I also didn't like the smaller sleeves within the box. I can't wait to receive these though!