Bright Eyes Back Catalog REPRESS - Preorder

gmoney

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a pleasant surprise if all of a sudden, blam! $99 bundles get colored vinyl!

I work at a mill, a rumor-mill.

That would have been cool. But we didn't want to make anyone feel compelled to buy all six reissues if they didn't think they needed them. Basically the band just wanted them back in print in a simple, straightforward way. I couldn't argue with that, although I do like special pressings personally.

This is a philosophy more record labels should embrace. Keep things in print and don't press a ton of variants. i've said it before, but you guys rule!

Thanks man! It's a tough call... some people love the variants, others hate them. I guess we're kind of middle of the road. We do some variants and exclusives, but I don't think we go overboard. Depends on the band too.... some of the bands ask us to do limited stuff and some don't want it.

That thread on the Jack White tri-color 7" freaked me out. I'd never want to get into shit like that. Seems like it's a bummer for the label and the fans, at least to some extent.

• 2 weeks later...

i was really surprised that i got mine already. i'm usually one of the last ones to get stuff on here haha.

the records themselves are super heavy. been listening to 'a collection of songs' and it sounds fantastic. the packaging is that sturdy cardboard-ish like material like they used for cursive's 'mama, i'm swollen' and it has a gatefold w/ all of the lyrics. the vinyl is in those really nice plastic inner sleeves (love those things...). 'oh holy fools' has a thinner material for its sleeve, but same thick vinyl and plastic inner sleeve as well as an insert w/ lyrics. also both include CD copies.

pretty stellar releases, can't wait to get the other 4. the fact that we're getting super NICE vinyl editions, high-quality digital copies, and CD's make this well worth it. you can really tell that SC put a lot of love into doing this right.

just thought about it--for 6 releases, that's an average of $16.50 per release (assuming all are equal, blah blah). shipping per every set of 2 is probably about $4, so that's really only about $14.50 + $2 shipping figured into the price of each release. holy steal.

i was really surprised that i got mine already. i'm usually one of the last ones to get stuff on here haha.

the records themselves are super heavy. been listening to 'a collection of songs' and it sounds fantastic. the packaging is that sturdy cardboard-ish like material like they used for cursive's 'mama, i'm swollen' and it has a gatefold w/ all of the lyrics. the vinyl is in those really nice plastic inner sleeves (love those things...). 'oh holy fools' has a thinner material for its sleeve, but same thick vinyl and plastic inner sleeve as well as an insert w/ lyrics. also both include CD copies.

pretty stellar releases, can't wait to get the other 4. the fact that we're getting super NICE vinyl editions, high-quality digital copies, and CD's make this well worth it. you can really tell that SC put a lot of love into doing this right.

just thought about it--for 6 releases, that's an average of $16.50 per release (assuming all are equal, blah blah). shipping per every set of 2 is probably about $4, so that's really only about $14.50 + $2 shipping figured into the price of each release. holy steal.

Damn you. Purchased.