PO: Bob Dylan Reissues

You can always pre-order directly from the Mobile Fidelity website too (www.mofi.com).....but the Dylan releases aren't there yet...

As for pressing info, there was a thread about this on Steve Hoffman's forums and the general consensus is that most releases (Pixies, REM, Beck, Santana, Frank Sinatra, John Lennon, etc.) are less than 7500.

More popular artists (e.g. Pink Floyd) have had a pressing up to 10,000. But nobody has apparently seen any numbers higher than that, since each LP is individually numbered/stamped on the back.

Mobile Fidelity is based in Chicago, maybe someone there locally can call them and ask them what their pressing numbers are...

Been listening to a lot of Dylan lately. $50 MoFi reissues obviously won't appeal to this board, but as for quality of music, this is still a lot better return for your money than 4 Blink-182 records...

I mean, I'm not going to buy them, these are for rich old dudes with $10000 stereo setups and dedicated listening rooms. But everyone should have these albums in some form.

Been listening to a lot of Dylan lately. $50 MoFi reissues obviously won't appeal to this board, but as for quality of music, this is still a lot better return for your money than 4 Blink-182 records...

Couldn't agree more!

I mean, I'm not going to buy them, these are for rich old dudes with $10000 stereo setups and dedicated listening rooms. But everyone should have these albums in some form.

They are definitely expensive but I indulged. I bought them with my Amazon credit cards reward points though so I don't feel as bad about it haha

i have most of these releases, but as stated before, these are way over-priced. i like the copies i found for $5 used. To me, Dylan just fits better on an old, worn-down record than a glossy, new audiophile version anyways. Another way to milk his legacy, just like the $7 RSD singles of songs readily available and the mono boxset.

I doubt these will be going quickly - for starters, the mono box set has been released about a year ago, so everyone who's remotely interested in these already got the 60's albums. A decent copy of Blood On The Tracks can be purchased for a tenner, and I've seen original Basement Tapes go for about twenty. $50 for one LP is outrageous.

Still, I'm very interested in the Blonde on Blonde set's contents. I guess it's just the album with some nice packaging, as I'm sure Sony will be releasing any unreleased tracks from the BoB sessions themselves.