The Wire...worth it?

Man I fucking love SFU. Can't believe I didn't catch onto this while it was around. Me and my girl are on season two at the moment and we watch an episode or two a night.

Oh just wait! Six Feet Under has the best series finale of any show EVER. Such a good show, stoked that you found it and are loving it.

Man I fucking love SFU. Can't believe I didn't catch onto this while it was around. Me and my girl are on season two at the moment and we watch an episode or two a night.

Oh just wait! Six Feet Under has the best series finale of any show EVER. Such a good show, stoked that you found it and are loving it.

Fully agreed. More people need to see this show.

Anyone seen Generation Kill, what's it like?

The Wire is the best show of all time.

I couldn't get into Generation Kill. Gave up after a couple of episodes, so maybe it gets better. I couldn't get past the fact that the guy who played Ziggy in the second season of the Wire (worst character in the show by a mile) was one of the leads in GK.

The show/storyline/character development really picked it up in season 2 and by the 3rd season was amazing. I think the 4th season was my favorite. It was one of the best years of TV, bar none.

Agreed! Season 3 was pretty great, but Season 4 was by far the best... It's funny, I burned through Seasons 1 through 4 and then sort of stopped. After about two years, I just recently finished Season 5. Not bad at all...

• 5 months later...

This is the second most overrated show of all time, behind the Sopranos.

9.5 on IMDB convinced me to keep giving it more time and more time. It's decent and I'm gonna finish it out because I don't give up on shows easily. Season 4 now. Shoulda rewatched Buffy. That was my other plan for the summer.

Just to be clear, the "most overrated show of all time" comment isn't cause it is bad. It is decent. It doesn't hold a candle to a show like Breaking Bad. 9.5? Nope. 7.0? sure.

And entourage has a 8.7 rating and that show doesn't even come close to the wire or breaking bad. It was almost painful at times.

Just to be clear, the "most overrated show of all time" comment isn't cause it is bad. It is decent. It doesn't hold a candle to a show like Breaking Bad. 9.5? Nope. 7.0? sure.

I may agree that Breaking Bad is "better" as a whole, but The Wire gets credit as being one of the greatest written television series of all time. The dialogue and characters completely blow away any other series, in my opinion.

Also, every time someone brings up The Wire (as this is at least the 3rd time in the last few years it's been done on this board alone), I always reference this article, please read it if you haven't already

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/03/09/85-the-wire/

Fantastic series. It's not as 'exciting' as Breaking Bad but character wise and overall story lines are far better. Just well written, and well thought out.

If anything Dexter is by far the most overrated show of all time. Not a single well rounded character and just atrocious acting

The Wire is fantastic because the good guy/bad guy lines become so blurry that they almost disappear. You begin to root for the some of drug dealers and despise some of the cops.

Also if you've seen the Wire then watch this: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/414fa4b226/the-wire-the-musical-with-michael-kenneth-williams

• 2 weeks later...