PO: Joyce Manor - Of All Things... UP NOW

travis

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deathbydrums

Listened to the leak... errr, that phrase just sounds wrong. Anyways, it would have been easy for the band to make these songs longer, the structure is there. The album is straight to the point. I find myself listening to it over and over again!

I think it's awesome. To the point, no bullshit, just great songs. The only fault of the S/T was songs got too carried away at points. This is exactly what I wanted to hear from them.

Love the sounds too, including the weird mixing. It just makes the record sound more interesting. Changing drum and guitar tone to suit the songs I think was a great move as well. You never hear that anymore.

I feel like I'm only going to like it more as time goes on. Plus, that cover? Fuck, I never dreamed it could be as good as they made it.

I'm listening to this album again for probably the 30-40th time. It's so infectious and catchy. The length is fine, the songs are fucking great. It's only 6 minutes last then their last album, it's not a huge deal. You can definitely hear how some songs could be longer, but it is what it is...a great punk album. All I think about when I hear "Bride of Usher" is that this sounds like a Smiths song. Unbelievable record.