another fucked up packaging thread

The funny thing is this dumb fuck paid $11 for shipping (only charged $4) - he could have bought a nice box & bubble wrap and shipped it media mail and saved some money. I think I can get the cardboard off with a little patience - just leaving it on now in case eBay makes me send it back

Have you contacted him/her yet?

I just filed a claim w/ eBay, since I have so much feedback and it's all positive, they usually will refund my money and even let me keep the product. I had some screen printing screens from ebay once that ripped the first time I reclaimed them and the seller was making me pay for return shipping and their return address was a po box, ebay refunded me the money and i didn't have to send them back

I've shipped tons of records using the priority boxes but whoever shipped this one is an idiot. If you fold the sides over and tape them instead of using the adhesive on the box they work perfect. Nothing will get stuck. Also a plastic sleeve would have prevented all this. I recently got a very rare 7" shipped to me in a huge box and the only thing protecting the record was a whole foods bag. Luckily everything was fine.

Have you contacted him/her yet?

I just filed a claim w/ eBay, since I have so much feedback and it's all positive, they usually will refund my money and even let me keep the product. I had some screen printing screens from ebay once that ripped the first time I reclaimed them and the seller was making me pay for return shipping and their return address was a po box, ebay refunded me the money and i didn't have to send them back

You should give him the option to return the product to him. Dumbass packaging, and I wouldn't pay to send it back, but you should give him the option to get it back for $4 or $5.

Ehh not a fan of people who just contact ebay or paypal first...even ebay suggests you contact the seller first. It is usually much easier to work it out without a third party.

Already contacted the seller to ask if the item was shipped a week ago and no reply - figured it was worth skipping that again.

is the record fine?

if so, get over it.

so i take it you buy records with fucked up sleeves for normal price? if so, PM me, ive got some good 80s stuff youll LOVE.

no, but i also realize that sometimes shit happens.

was it a great packing job? no.

did the dude do it on purpose? no.

do people sometimes get broken records in the mail (some packed poorly, some packed well)? yes.

record wasn't broken, life goes on.

contact the dude and see if they will work something out with you.

Is this the one you bought? If so it was a cheap price. I was trying to win it to trade for your Crosses. Glad I didn't win. I'd be out both lps.

Some people are vindictive for getting records cheap. It sucks but happens.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180808674077?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1182

if you contacted ebay and than left negative feedback, you are as much an idiot as the seller

Everyone these days as entitlement issues and wants something for nothing. Plus the fact that you have tons of positive feedback and "they usually let me keep the item" leads me to believe that you make a hobby of this

I just noticed you left the dude negative feedback. Did eBay side with him or something?

you dug around enough to find that information out so keep digging and I'll let you answer your own question

The way that you handled this and your general attitude (or "sense of entitlement" as someone else said) has made me decide I would never sell to moniquetotheunique on ebay.

blows my mind that people still send LPs this way. an LP mailer costs what, a buck at the most? quit being fucking cheap! also shipping a record with no polybag ... horrible.
$4 at the most.. If you buy one at my local record store. If you buy 25 from amazon it's like $30 with shipping. I'd say they cost a buck at the least.

For the record - I don't have eBay etiquette when it comes to people like this - I'll leave them negative feedback (to warn others) and try and get my money back - anyone who sends a record like this does not deserve to be treated normally. If he packaged it well and it broke or was damaged in some way from shipping, I would by all means work with him.

The guy clearly had no idea what he was doing, hence the box and him overpaying by using priority mail. Just because he failed to respond to one email about shipping he is a POS who doesn't deserve to be treated fairly? I understand you are upset about the cover being damaged or whatever but you are really making yourself sound like a reactionary jerk by going about things this way. Just my 2 cents