Eastern European Trip Advice

Hey guys,

So some friends are graduating with their various Master's Degrees this spring and I'm already out of school, so we all decided to take a trip to Europe for a couple weeks. Mostly we've been looking into traveling around Poland, Romania, the Czech Republic, Serbia, and Vienna, Austria (mostly just to use the airport, and go from there). I was curious, does anybody have any experience with this area, or know of any cool sites/things to do around there? I know this is fairly broad geographically, but at this point in planning, we're open to a lot of flexibility. Some cities we've been kicking around are Prague, Budapest, Belgrade, Bucharest, and Krakow, but if anybody knows of more interesting spots, let me know!

EDIT:

Don't know if it helps at all, but We'll be doing this at the end of May/beginning of June

I was in Prague 11 years ago and it was my favorite city I've ever been to outside of NYC. I know it's gotten a lot more expensive over the last decade but beer is still cheap.

Also, the women in the Czech Republic are disproportionately smoking hot.

Krakow is also a great city with a lot to do (be sure to check out the salt mines). I was there during the dead of winter and still had a great time.

If you're into beer, a short trip from Prague is Ceske Budejovice where the Budvar brewery is.

EDIT: I almost forgot this. The Dalmation Coast of Croatia. Freaking awesome.

• 1 month later...

Okay guys, info bump. We've got the whole trip pretty much booked datewise, but are still super flexible in terms of things to do or see.

Prague (via Vienna): May 13th-18th

Krakow: May 18th-22nd

Budapest: May 22nd - 26th

Zadar: May 26th - June 1st.

and jryall, We're definitely going to go to Kutna Hora, and the Ossuary has been on our must see list since day one haha.

We also have some other stuff planned, but has anybody been to Zadar or any nearby town on the Dalmation coast? I'm mostly excited for that (beach house, a boat, and just some time to genuinely relax...can't come soon enough ha)

Also, does anybody have any experience with record stores or tattoo shops in any of the above-mentioned areas? I'm super interested in getting some records/work done while I'm in the area.