Fucking stupid people, an Ebay rant.

God damn Indonesians.

Hey what's the matter with you?

I am Indonesian and proud.

And I'll let you know one thing. It's easy for anyone to say anything stupid on this forum without having fear of getting smitten hard the following day.

This is the internet, but show some RESPECT & MATURITY.

No need to pour any gasoline into the burning fire.

If you can't offer any solution, don't worsen the situation.

Seriously, try fitting this on a customs form

Jl. Wijaya Kusuma II Gang 1 No. 184 RT 002 RW 07

Kec. Duren Sawit, Kel. Malaka Sari Perumnas-Klender Jakarta Timur

DKI JAKARTA JK 13460

Indonesia

I personally laughed when I saw this. Dude was just trying to be as specific as possible, but fortunately mine isn't that long.

In Indonesia, especially Jakarta as the capital city, the houses are very densely located. Consequently, this demands specific description about the exact location of the house so that the postman could deliver it accurately.

Hope this explains about the lengthy address

I laugh at the thought that what I said was taken seriously, over the Internet.

For the record, I have friends who are indeed, Indonesian. They say this all the time. So forgive me for it has rubbed off on me.

Alright dude, no offense was taken. I was just hoping that people could see the problem clearly instead of getting distracted by distorting thoughts. And yeah, we don't say that in Indonesia. (Of course, why would we say ''God damn Indonesian''?) haha

I think its funny you're calling people "fucking stupid" when you can block bidders that aren't registered in your country when you list an item. Carry on.

this.

Aww you guys are correct, Im the idiot, not the people that dont fucking read. I see now. Me and 64674685785 people who dont use this option, we are all retarded. My apologies.

Also not a fuckwad, was the guy asking what color the record was.

this.

Aww you guys are correct, Im the idiot, not the people that dont fucking read. I see now. Me and 64674685785 people who dont use this option, we are all retarded. My apologies.

If you put your sarcasm aside, at least you realize it. Learn from your mistake and move on.

I'm pretty grateful for customers from Indonesia, Italy, Russia and the Ukraine. Why would you refuse to ship to them? Just make them purchase registered shipping to protect you.

What does get to me is that many people (usually American) don't read the description where it says SHIPPING IS $12. PLEASE WAIT FOR AN INVOICE BEFORE SENDING PAYMENT. in big text. I would say about half my customers check out without paying for shipping.

Also, screw eBay for setting max shipping costs to $4 and for taking up to %20 of sales when combined with paypal. There's no profit anymore and record prices must go up. (I buy records that no one wants in Japan and sell them for profit on eBay, helping local stores and me, but I have to sell at outrageous prices just to make it worthwhile and I do feel bad about that.. but I have to pay double for all of my records from the US because of shipping anyway..)

this.

Sounds like you have people phishing for your email, or other info.

literally there is an option on ebay that prevents people in other countries from seeing your auction completely

You need to create an exclusion list when listing the item. You kind of have to go out of your way to do it but it's there under the shipping options. Exclude every country you don't want it shipped to, it that will prevent them (in most cases) from being able to bid with accounts registered to those countries.

In the shipping details area, I went in and checked only the boxes for exactly which countries I will ship to. And ebay still allows bidders to win my auctions that are not in these places. I guess that's not the right place to set these preferences? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I only set it to North America, UK, Germany, and Japan, and I had a guy from Thailand win something.

And to the people asking why you don't just ship anywhere and require registered shipping? It's because ebay and paypal always side with the buyer if the item doesn't show up in a reasonable amount of time. So if it's stuck for 6 weeks in customs, or lost in the terrible Italian post, I'm out my record and my money. I'd rather get less money and not ship to those countries.

You need to create an exclusion list when listing the item. You kind of have to go out of your way to do it but it's there under the shipping options. Exclude every country you don't want it shipped to, it that will prevent them (in most cases) from being able to bid with accounts registered to those countries.

In the shipping details area, I went in and checked only the boxes for exactly which countries I will ship to. And ebay still allows bidders to win my auctions that are not in these places. I guess that's not the right place to set these preferences? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I only set it to North America, UK, Germany, and Japan, and I had a guy from Thailand win something.

And to the people asking why you don't just ship anywhere and require registered shipping? It's because ebay and paypal always side with the buyer if the item doesn't show up in a reasonable amount of time. So if it's stuck for 6 weeks in customs, or lost in the terrible Italian post, I'm out my record and my money. I'd rather get less money and not ship to those countries.

[image]

It's under the international shipping area. I set my option to "Standard International Shipping" and it allows me to create an exclusion list. Not sure if you have to have it on that setting in order to be able to create the list.

I definitely understand the reluctance to want to ship things abroad if you've had a bad experience, personally have sent over 20 items overseas (china, japan, indonesia, malaysia, russia, ukranine) and have never had a problem before, and I usually only offer parcel with no guarantee

Here's what I've found, I use endicia so writing on customs labels doesn't effect me. Im sure paypal is the same way. However I do have to use them when I ship to the UK which sucks and theres never enough room on the new forms. They are so tiny.

Registering the package overseas doesn't really do much for us in the way of saving us from paypal disputes. Any Guarenteeing Customs agents can't rip it open. the Tracking usually stops about half way (If it even gets scanned that far) and most countries don't offer insurance through the USPS. The ones that do only offer for damaged items not LOST items. Some Countries do offer insurance for lost items, just ask before you send!

I dont let that detour me from shipping abroad though. I sent priority, registered if I need to and Purchase insurance when I can. I try not to ship to places like Italy, Mexico, Spain much because of so many shady customs problems.

In regards to the ebay settings for international shipping. I haven't used it since last year but It had MAJOR flaws. It seemed to block bidders from ebay.uk or ebay.au for example but not the ones from the UK registered under a Ebay.com account. So it just didn't really work very well for me. Same thing with excluding the item from being show on other ebay countries sites.

My 2cents

I've had people who set their location to USA to get around the bid blocking but then they're actually in eastern Europe. It's sketchy but there are ways around almost anything.