finch - what it is to burn pressing question

from http://www.discogs.com/Finch-What-It-Is-To-Burn/release/2140866

"Records are not red / green but yellow-white and green-white marbled, other colour combinations might exist.

All in all this seems to be a bootleg-version of the real pressing of 1000 LPs."

Does this mean that the red/green pressing is a bootleg?

Does anyone own both pressings and can comment on whether there is a sound quality difference?

I'm curious because I have the red/green non-marble version.

Thanks for the replies.

Also I think I'd stab someone for a vinyl of Say Hello to Sunshine.

That would be a brilliant option on a Kickstarter project :

"$1000 /5 available All three variants, a test pressing, your name in the thank yous and I'll stab anyone of your choosing. International customers please add $10"

Ross, any chance this is getting repressed???

I approached richard about this one specifically a few times over the past couple years. Stating how it is one of my favorite albums of all time and cant believe they left off the title track. He didnt seem to care in all honesty.

As i said in the midtown thread yesterday

yea, it sucks what became of dtr based on what they had going for them in the early 2000s. At the end of the day, its their releases and im just glad they allowed me to press anything in the first place and the fact they discovered and invested in all these great band in the first place. I just hope one day they change their mind and either allow us to license some more stuff from them or just to do it themselves. The world need to have "what it is to burn" on vinyl! Both a repress of the album and a pressing of the title track for the first time, i cant believe they left that song off the original pressing

isn't on pressing a bootleg or something and only plays 30 seconds or so of what it is to burn? i thought i read that somewhere.

My understanding is that both versions only play 30 seconds of the song 'what it is to burn'. Is that correct?

i really want this album but i wasn't aware that this was an issue on BOTH variants. that is really too bad. easily one of the best if not the best song on the album. holding out the hopes of a good repress (especially since this year is the 10th anniversary).

Thanks for the replies.

Also I think I'd stab someone for a vinyl of Say Hello to Sunshine.

That would be a brilliant option on a Kickstarter project :

"$1000 /5 available All three variants, a test pressing, your name in the thank yous and I'll stab anyone of your choosing. International customers please add $10"

Haha this made me laugh. Thanks.