Custom Screen Printed WOODEN BOXES - $55

These look nice, but it seems silly to me to have a box that only holds 4-8 records. You could buy an expedit for the same price (or less).

The main purpose is for a set of test presses, where you don't want them floating around in your expedit getting damaged. Or even for highly valued regular pressings that you want housed in something a little more sturdy to protect them.

If you just have whatever pressings, there isn't much point, no.

These look nice, but it seems silly to me to have a box that only holds 4-8 records. You could buy an expedit for the same price (or less).

Arguing "what's the point" of something like this on a site where people collect 20 different Blink variants of the same album is what seems silly to me, personally. It's just to house a small collection of albums the user obviously cares about, test press or not.

Different strokes, I guess.

Oh man, these look awesome, now the problem is trying to decide which band I want to get a set done for.

Sort of has to be one that's broken up, or a closed set of records at least.

Maybe for my Thursday or Blood Brothers collections.

Either of those would be badass - the Thursday dove would look so good on the front of one of these

Don't even bother kurtz...these kids are so deep in the hobby that they will buy anything to feed it.

The boxes do look nice...I just think it's hilarious that everyone is using them to house records by shittay bands LOL!

Yeah but I see it more as a custom special kinda thing you'd want for a very small collection of special records that have some sort of connection to each other. It's more of a show piece.

They really do look amazing.

^ DIY...it will be even more special that way.

kinda hard to DIY without the proper tools

Networking...someone you know might know someone who might know someone. Parents, school woodshops, etc. Take your dimensions to Home Depot and get the initial cuts done...

Not no...KNOW!

kinda hard to DIY without the proper tools

Networking...someone you know might know someone who might know someone. Parents, school woodshops, etc. Take your dimensions to Home Depot and get the initial cuts done...

Not no...KNOW!

Some people would just rather pay someone else, and know that it will get done at a very high quality, like the ones Patrick has been making. Different strokes for different folks. I, for one, would get one, probably later after I build up my collection a little.

Some people would just rather pay someone else, and know that it will get done at a very high quality, like the ones Patrick has been making. Different strokes for different folks. I, for one, would get one, probably later after I build up my collection a little.

Fair enough, just throwing another idea out there is all.

Fair enough, just throwing another idea out there is all.

Agreed. If I had the skills and time, I would try this myself. It's a nifty little piece to keep a set of records in.

^ DIY...it will be even more special that way.

True. Unfortunately I don't have time to learn every single thing on earth though! I've been working on silk screening for awhile trying to get the hang of it... Carpentry isn't really my thing, but it's probably worth a try.

Getting screen printing down is harder than carpentry in my opinion - it's so much trial and error and I still after 10 years of doing it run into problems

I've been debating one of these for a while. Actually been thinking about getting a couple different ones. While this is doable myself I'd rather just pay someone a moderate fee to have professional looking job. After paying for materials is it worth the 35 ish dollars to pay someone to do this for me? Absolutely.

I have the Murder by Death box and it's awesome looking and is adds a nice aesthetic element to my living room / record corner. Something like this is no different than buying a piece of art to hang on the wall. I'd love to have a Spazz box done, an Avail box done and an Elvis Costello box done. (maybe a Code 13 7" box)

It's a matter of personal taste, I personally think these are an awesome way to take your records and keep them functional (meaning not in frames on the wall, still listenable) and turning them into ways to decorate your Vinyl area.

I've been debating one of these for a while. Actually been thinking about getting a couple different ones. While this is doable myself I'd rather just pay someone a moderate fee to have professional looking job. After paying for materials is it worth the 35 ish dollars to pay someone to do this for me? Absolutely.

I have the Murder by Death box and it's awesome looking and is adds a nice aesthetic element to my living room / record corner. Something like this is no different than buying a piece of art to hang on the wall. I'd love to have a Spazz box done, an Avail box done and an Elvis Costello box done. (maybe a Code 13 7" box)

It's a matter of personal taste, I personally think these are an awesome way to take your records and keep them functional (meaning not in frames on the wall, still listenable) and turning them into ways to decorate your Vinyl area.

My thoughts exactly. If/when I decide what band I wanna get I one for, I'll definitely be ordering one of these.