PO: Torche - "Harmonicraft"

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so whats the average shipping time with RE?

i know their web site said "give us up to 3 weeks", but it's gotta be shorter than that, yeah?

There isn't really an "average" as it tends to fluctuate with how many orders we get in.

Typically what it says on the site is a longer than what it should actually take.

only having a runoff groove as a side reference is driving me insane with this album.

the clear vinyl makes it hard to tell which side is actually A.

sometimes i can tell by depth which side the letter is on, but sometimes i'm wrong.

i have to check and see if the B is backwards or not instead.

It does actually indicate the side on the labels, it's just really hard to read. That's also solved by putting all the A-sides for your records facing front (which I always do).

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this in this thread, especially RE, but they have copies of 'Meanderthal' on Black with the original deluxe triple gatefold packaging for $20 on their webstore. Was going to get one of the new colors for $10 but felt obligated to shell out double for the crazy deluxe version. Got the new press of 'Songs For Singles' on Pink as well. Very stoked...absolutely love this band and have been in serious need of their vinyl for quite some time.

Here's a link to the deluxe 'Meanderthal' on the RE webstore for anyone that's interested: http://www.roboticempire.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=4213

sorta been in the dark on replenishment copies after the last update of "1-2 weeks", then today got this:

"I haven't been able to get a response from Volcom. Then I tried again yesterday and got a vacation response from the dude. Looks like it's going to be mid June at the earliest :( That dude won't be back till end of May."

Legit aplogies to everyone who's been holding off or waiting, but we've done our part of this and are just waiting now for them to send out our remaining copies...

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this in this thread, especially RE, but they have copies of 'Meanderthal' on Black with the original deluxe triple gatefold packaging for $20 on their webstore. Was going to get one of the new colors for $10 but felt obligated to shell out double for the crazy deluxe version. Got the new press of 'Songs For Singles' on Pink as well. Very stoked...absolutely love this band and have been in serious need of their vinyl for quite some time.

Here's a link to the deluxe 'Meanderthal' on the RE webstore for anyone that's interested: http://www.roboticempire.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=4213

yeah i noticed this when i bought my yolk copy, just couldn't justify a $10 price difference on packaging alone.

well, if it's any consulation... the crazy ass jacket alone for that job cost more than $5 apiece to make. so justify it however you want, but it's easily the craziest single-LP package we've ever done, and are likely to ever do.

oh i know, it's gorgeous!

i intend on getting an earlier press on one of the cool colors you did some time in the future, it's just a shame you guys won't be getting any of that money when it happens.

it really boiled down to me liking the color pattern more than the art work, at the time of purchase.

listening to an egg will be fun.

also, any chances of repressing the first kayo dot record?

Choirs of the Eye?? we tried several times to get Tzadik to let us press it on wax, only to never hear jack shit from them. I don't think they license out their releases to other labels, which is a shame as that album is unreal.

damn. here's hoping they call you back some day.

some time of orchids would be rad, too.

sarcast while was fantastic.

Hey Robo, out of curiosity, would you say that you update your store more than you make new threads containing updated stock or as much as you create new threads for it?

I've been checking you daily for over a week now for any Baroness titles that you might be getting in.

how interesting... well, we typically let people know about records we've gotten in. updates to here, our blog, facebook, twitter, etc all kind of happen when there's big updates. which there may be in a few more weeks.

So you're saying you update your blog every time any new item(s) come in or could something slip in and out of your store without being noticed if one did not check regularly?

I know I scored a nice Mastodon - Leviathan repress for $9.99 some time ago and I don't think anyone else knew about it. Maybe I'm wrong.

I've been checking you daily for over a week now for any Baroness titles that you might be getting in.

If the record shop I work at gets any Baroness stuff in, I will let you know right away. Let me know what you're looking for either in here or via PM. No guarantees, but obviously I'll help if I can.

So you're saying you update your blog every time any new item(s) come in or could something slip in and out of your store without being noticed if one did not check regularly?

I know I scored a nice Mastodon - Leviathan repress for $9.99 some time ago and I don't think anyone else knew about it. Maybe I'm wrong.

New items don't get added to our site individually. We usually group a bunch of new stuff and slap it all up at once.

Restocks of existing titles we've previously carried MAY go up sooner/earlier than the new items, it just depends. That cheap Mastodon LP you scored for example was a re-stock, which went up before the new items that time around. However, it was all on the following update we would've sent out within a week or so.

Whatever item you may be currently waiting on, if it is what I think it is, will be available in solid quantities and won't necessitate checking back every day for fear of missing it...