general opinion on Crosley/similar "all-in-one" TT

my ex is lookin to pick up a budget TT with built in speaks to play her records since she won't be using my TT once she moves out (womp womp).

I've been told these new age Crosley players (and similar TT's from other brands) are made pretty cheaply but I haven't seen much alternative in the price range.

Can anyone speak to just how bad they are? keep in mind she's a girl so simplicity is ideal and she probably isn't going to care too much if it doesn't sound as good as my setup so long as she can play her records. I just feel bad advising her to buy something if it's going to fall apart in a week.

any opinions would be appreciated!

keep in mind she's a girl so simplicity is ideal and she probably isn't going to care too much if it doesn't sound as good as my setup so long as she can play her records.

because girls are easy pushovers who will take whatever they're given and they'll thank you for it all the while!

seriously. no wonder she's moving out.

She's leaving you and you still want to help her? Whipppped.

(If she's looking for cheap and built in, that's about her only option)

because girls are easy pushovers who will take whatever they're given and they'll thank you for it all the while!

seriously. no wonder she's moving out.

haha, no. she's being kicked out ;) however, I'm a decent guy so I'm trying to help her out.

Get her a thrift store one. Simply explain that crap is way better than a crosley one. Plus you save money

ha! no no no... she's paying. she's just asking for a little guidance since she's always used mine and doesn't know much about them. i can either help her out or tell her to go figure it for herself, but like i said i'm trying to be a decent dude and keep things copacetic esp since it's not costing me a dime.

man, there sure are a lot of woman haters on this board!

keep in mind she's a girl so simplicity is ideal and she probably isn't going to care too much if it doesn't sound as good as my setup so long as she can play her records.

i wonder why things didn't work out between you two.