Does Anyone Else On Discogs...

Does anyone else have the problem on discogs of having a record in your want list and never being quick enough to buy it? I will have a record in my want list and receive an email that it is currently in stock by a seller and I respond within minutes to attempt to buy it, but I can never beat some people with specific records. Anyone have anything similar to this happen often to them? I feel like there must be people awake and ready at all hours to respond to their want list.

happens to me quite often when Frusciante records pop up at a reasonable price... its always a real bummer, but thats life

Ironically that is one of the records I have trouble getting. It is an Omar Rodriguez Lopez/Frusciante lp.

I just dont understand how some people respond to getting the record as fast as they do. Not to mention a lot of the sellers demand absurd prices when they pop up on discogs.

this website confuses the fuck out of me, can anyone explain how to sell stuff? Never been able to sort that out.

You would go to the artist's page, pick a certain release and pressing, and on the right hand side there's a button labeled "Sell Your Vinyl" on the corresponding release's page. Then, you can state the condition of the record and name your price.

happens to me quite often when Frusciante records pop up at a reasonable price... its always a real bummer, but thats life

Ironically that is one of the records I have trouble getting. It is an Omar Rodriguez Lopez/Frusciante lp.

I just dont understand how some people respond to getting the record as fast as they do. Not to mention a lot of the sellers demand absurd prices when they pop up on discogs.

Is it this Frusciante/Omar record? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280849029865?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 - currently at quite a low price!

Ive given up on Frusciante records, i keep hoping to find one pop up on amazon or whatever for a reasonable price. But im waiting for represses personally.

As for the discogs problem, which i had the pleasure of having a couple of weeks back, the only thing i can think of is to keep checking throughout the day before discogs mail you with the new listing... very time consuming i know.

Discogs sends out emails once a day, and it's usually at night. I seem to get them at about 10pm (EST). They don't notify you the second something gets listed, so other people who want it probably check periodically throughout the day before emails are sent. Even if something has sold before the emails are sent out, it will still include the record.

I've only had this problem once before. I've gotten a ton kf great deals on Discogs before, and I've sold a ton there too. All around great site.

Discogs sends out emails once a day, and it's usually at night. I seem to get them at about 10pm (EST). They don't notify you the second something gets listed, so other people who want it probably check periodically throughout the day before emails are sent. Even if something has sold before the emails are sent out, it will still include the record.

I've only had this problem once before. I've gotten a ton kf great deals on Discogs before, and I've sold a ton there too. All around great site.

yep. thats what i meant. i always get mine around 6am here in eu.

If anybody is interested in The Brown Bunny soundtrack on vinyl... which Frusciante dominates on the B side, let me know... it's on orange vinyl (I have a sealed copy and an un-sealed copy). And the soundtrack IS good.... as is the film.

Vincent Gallo won't allow you to sell it... anywhere, not even Discogs.

http://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Brown-Bunny-OST/release/669395

In regards to the original post, I haven't had any issues with not purchasing a record when it becomes available, via an email update.... so far, so good.

Thanks for this. I had no idea that was how it worked. I thought you got am email as soon as it was listed.

My Discogs account is in sync with my email on my Droid, so I get updated immediately when a record in my want list is up... but usually the prices on Discogs can be steep or usually overseas, so I tend to put off buying it at least until I get paid. Sometimes they are still there and sometimes not.