Vinyl Fights.

anyone else know bars or clubs that do this?

it's basically like an open mic with turn tables.

bring your records, que 'em up, play a small set.

i went to one last night and had a blast.

it was fun getting to dig thru every ones records and hearing every ones favorite songs.

i highly recommend it.

Still confused on the concept. I'm not a DJ. Does this involve DJing? Or does it just involve putting your favorite songs on?

DJing in the literal sense, not in the 'mixing records to make dance music' sense.

just setting up one song, and transitioning to the next. kinda like radio men done did back in them days.

i played:

planes mistaken for stars - copper and stars

shudder to think - about three dreams

mineral - love my way

sid vicious - my way

Motorco in Durham has "vinyl night"

You put your name in a drawing and if they call you you up you put a record on.

I think you can play a song or two or three or a side... more than 4 or 5 minutes but not an hour or anything.

I'm not sure how the word "fight" enters into this...

Motorco in Durham has "vinyl night"

You put your name in a drawing and if they call you you up you put a record on.

I think you can play a song or two or three or a side... more than 4 or 5 minutes but not an hour or anything.

I'm not sure how the word "fight" enters into this...

We call ours Open Vinyl. I usually limit the sets to 30 or 45 minutes unless we have a ton of people signed up. Because it's on Tuesdays we usually don't have more than 4 or 5 people that want to spin.

In between their sets I just play whatever I want. Usually a full side of something between the DJ sets.

When I read the title the first thing that came to my mind was Thrash Fest 1 in Minnepolis at the 3rd Lair Skate Park. Any of you that knows the band 9 Shocks Terror knows there a bit crazy, but their set ended with a ton of records getting throw around, along with charcoal, and flour and pretty much anything else that people could get their hands on. I've still got a scar on my arm from getting hit by flying vinyl.

More on topic, I know there is a bar in Appleton WI that does a vinyl night. It's like most of the others described here.

Vinyl fights? Is that what happens when someone goes into a Thrice thread and says he/she got multiple copies and put a few on eBay "starting at .99 with no reserve?"