Coachella stream

nyhi

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a few months ago, in the "hate on bands here" thread. someone gave them shit, and i pretty much chimed in saying theres no reason to hate them. they deserve indifference at worst. it got quite stupid from there.

Don't you mean Bonnie Bear? I haven't really listened to them, but I assume they are a boring indie/hipster band. I could be wrong, but I gave up on that kind of music for the most part.

Once again: SNOOP/DRE = GREATEST FESTIVAL SET OF ALL TIME!

Yes, there was a Nate Dogg tribute...dudes performed a billion dollars worth of hits. I can't wait to see it again next weekend!

Don't you mean Bonnie Bear? I haven't really listened to them, but I assume they are a boring indie/hipster band. I could be wrong, but I gave up on that kind of music for the most part.

Once again: SNOOP/DRE = GREATEST FESTIVAL SET OF ALL TIME!

Yes, there was a Nate Dogg tribute...dudes performed a billion dollars worth of hits. I can't wait to see it again next weekend!

give them a chance - go check out the songs "skinny love," "the wolves," "perth," "holocene," and "hinnom, tx"

or really if you don't have the time, just skinny love

give them a chance - go check out the songs "skinny love," "the wolves," "perth," "holocene," and "hinnom, tx"

or really if you don't have the time, just skinny love

FIIIIIIIIIIIINE...but if they don't deliver:

[image]

They're a horribly boring band. I don't understand why/how people go apeshit over them. But to each their own.

my thing with bon iver.

for emma was a fantastic/amazing/perfect album that wasn't boring at all.

their second album WAS horribly boring. it had nothing to really interest me.

the first time i heard it i felt it had potential, than i listened maybe two times more and haven't picked it up since. on the other hand, i still listen to For Emma at least once a month.

i watched a little bit of their coachella set and everything i saw was material from the new album, so i skipped on to something more interesting.

where the fuck were all of you when i got slayed for sticking up for bon iver?

you got slayed for sticking up for Bon Iver in a shit on bands here thread. You openly went into a thread where the whole point of it was to shit on bands, defended one, and then got all upset that people were still trashing them. It wasnt a bands you love thread. You got flamed for your moronic response to the whole thing.

"...Say people wanted a Jimi Hendrix reunion and they exhumed his body and he plays Madison Square Garden and headlines Coachella. That would probably draw a big audience. There might be a million people there, but I doubt I would be. I’d just say “I never got to see Jimi Hendrix and that’s too bad.” But to go see an exhumed body on stage? Not really my thing, but lots of people would probably pay $40 to see an exhumed body on stage. If you had other members you might get $80".

- Greg Ginn

Like I said earlier Snoop has been honoring 2Pac live for a while. This was just an extension of something he already does. He has traded off rhymes with a recording of 2pac so the hologram is just adds a visual aspect to it. I like that it wasn't billed as Dre & Snoop & Pac and that it was just thrown in as a bonus. As for seeing other artists that are dead I wouldn't go see just a hologram band, but there are other "tributes" that are going on that are out there. There are laser light performances of the doors and symphonies that play led Zeppelin or beatles cirque du solie. These are slightly more tasteful than holograms.

Hey if you were smoking as much as Snoop was (under contract mind you) you would have the prompters up there too, and you would STILL fuck up, because your flow ain't shit homie. :-*

[image]