Coachella stream

nyhi

Yeah he was pretty fucked up, he could hardly open his eyes enough to read them anyway.

I was cracking up as soon as he took those sunglasses off. :o

What was up with that annoying hype man for 50's tunes?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omar has reasons to be bummed and if i remember right, all of the live videos i have ever seen of atid usually just showed paul facing his amps with the occasional head bang. everyone else seems pretty stoked but someone needs to punch cedric in the face a few times to get him a little angrier before he sings again.

^ Pretty much this. Even with all the solo shows he has done up to this point, he still manages to get into them. Hopefully next week he'll be more into it but judging from what he's been saying in recent interviews about the influence that his family has had on him, I don't see that being all to realistic. Then again, you never know.

i spent all weekend watching these damn streams. lost a ton of sleep. i kind of pine to go to Coachella every year. i haven't been since 2005 but since it went to 3 days and over $300 for the weekend, i can't bring myself to do it. it used to be easier when i had friends in AZ to go with but no one has the money. it was even easier when i lived in AZ and could just drive over, camp out, and drive back. good times.

Refused fucking delivered, they were better than i expected. full of life, sounded great.

Radiohead had a great stage and light show, but overall the setlist bored me to tears. didn't touch on Pablo Honey or The Bends, but i expected that. i really just can't get into Radiohead from Kid A on. they sounded good, the guitarist made me think "who is this emo kid who thinks he's in Nirvana?" the way he was rocking out and playing to the most tame music possible. i actually skipped Radiohead way back to see Mindless Self Indulgence and i think even now i made the right choice. haha.

ATDI was kind of the main draw to watch on Sunday, but i made it about 25 min in before the vocals and Omar's complete disinterest made me switch over to Florence and then wait forever for Snoop & Dre. i saw ATDI 3 times back in the day, and their live show was definitely what got me interested in them in the first place. the performance at Coachella was terrible, but i have to think Cedric was sick because he seemed to be consuming a lot of tea before they started and during their set.

Snoop & Dre killed it, but mostly because of the special guests and obviously hologram Tupac that had everyone talking across the world. did they actually show the hologram Nate Dogg at the festival? all we got at home was the visuals that were playing on the LCD screens onstage, nothing hologram. it was creepy, surreal and pretty insane at the same time. i never saw Tupac, i'm sure most of us never did. i think if you grew up on The Chronic, Doggystyle, Predator, Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z., you probably were into the fact the hologram happened. i was hoping for "Regulate" with Warren G, especially since they did freakin "Jump Around". also, nice backing track/lip syncing/whatever Eminem, you're supposed to be the most legitimate and current person on the stage. and really, WHERE WAS ICE CUBE? how did they not bring his ass up for "Natural Born Killaz" at least?! ???

other good sets i saw: Pulp, St. Vincent, Santigold, Buzzcocks, We Were Promised Jetpacks, Wild Flag (definitely some aged rockers, was hoping for more Mary Timony presence though), Beats Antique.

sets that were disappointing or generally boring: Amon Tobin (blah to your dubstep ish, wanted some of your classic shit. the stage setup looked fancy though), Bon Iver (can you play a longer set? argh, can't the hipsters get over you already?), Andrew Bird (seriously, can't dig anything after "& the Mysterious Production of Eggs"), tUnE-yArDs (guess i won't ever "get it"), Manchester Orchestra (please make it stop), AWOLNATION (why are they even playing Coachella? so out of place), Squeeze (didn't quite hit as hard as Buzzcocks did for nostalgia reunion show).

You know, Jim has ALWAYS anchored the band IMO. I dont get why everyone is so up in arms about Cedric. He was just as out of tune at big day out in 2001. They danced more because they were strung out. He sings instead of screams because he's nearly a damn soprano, I wouldn't want to waste tens years of vocal training on a handful of shows..we all know he can sing when he wants too.