Official Diablo 3 Thread / Discussion

HELL YEAH BEEN WAITING LIKE 5 YEARS. ALL CAPS IS A ONCE IN A YEAR VENTURE FOR ME. GONNA BUY A NEW COMPUTER WHEN BEFORE IT RELEASES AS MY COMPUTER IS 7 YEARS OLD AND THIS IS THE ONLY COMPUTER GAME I EVER GOT INTO. MOSTLY PLAY XBOX BUT THAT MAY TAKE A BACK SEAT ONCE THIS RELEASES!!!!111!!!1

hm...cant tell if you're serious or not.

the original is probably my favorite pc game ever with the 2nd just behind it. So much nostalgia. I will play this if my computer can handle it. Sounds like some of the purists aren't happy with certain things blizzard has changed but eh... It still looks pretty great to me.

ahh yes, the first diablo, haha. and d2 doing baal runs. yeah theres a whole weird attitude towards blizzard, for giving d3 away for free when you buy a full sub to WoW. I personally dislike wow.

The 1v1 arena should be a lot of fun too...I wouldnt even mind paying to play online, past diablos filled with hacks and what not, just keep those out.

the original is probably my favorite pc game ever with the 2nd just behind it. So much nostalgia. I will play this if my computer can handle it. Sounds like some of the purists aren't happy with certain things blizzard has changed but eh... It still looks pretty great to me.

ahh yes, the first diablo, haha. and d2 doing baal runs. yeah theres a whole weird attitude towards blizzard, for giving d3 away for free when you buy a full sub to WoW. I personally dislike wow.

The 1v1 arena should be a lot of fun too...I wouldnt even mind paying to play online, past diablos filled with hacks and what not, just keep those out.

Isn't 1v1 thing what was causing all the delays?

Isn't 1v1 thing what was causing all the delays?

"As we’re counting down the days until we’re ready to announce a release date for Diablo III, we’ve come to realize that the PvP game and systems aren’t yet living up to our standards. Today, we wanted to let you know that we’ve made the difficult decision to hold back the PvP Arena system and release it in a patch following the game’s launch. After a lot of consideration and discussion, we ultimately felt that delaying the whole game purely for PvP would just be punishing to everyone who’s waiting to enjoy the campaign and core solo/co-op content, all of which is just about complete."

im not sure if that was the main cause for pushing back the release date...for 4 years. but it could have been, either way im happy with that decision, on holdin back on the pvp, but still giving us the actual game to play

I've spent too many hours of my life playing the first two. Plus, I just bought a new computer, so I am ready to roll.

many many hours, the time just flies by...

new computers rule, i just got one too, where i work we buy and sell electronics and we accept custom desktops, and i got a steal on one...i think

Was really on the fence if i should start a new thread or not....any genuine advice appreciated. flaming and/or stupid pictures expected.

So I have a question....I have been saying for years that I will finally upgrade to a new computer once d3 comes out. The consensus used to be build a computer instead of buying. Should I still build over buying (I already bought an antec case and harddrive like 2 years ago, the harddrive may be obsolete) or is the price difference pointless now, as in is it still worth building one?

And if I am to build any basic suggestions you might have, because I went to fry's like a year ago to bite the bullet, but realized there were soooo many options and such I wanted to do more research. I am not spontaneous so actually making a decision and moving forward is difficult, especially with so many opinions, options, avenues, and constantly changing hardware.

What I have: a 7 year old sony viao desktop, a saitek keyboard, razr mouse, hd 23" monitor

What I bought: antec 900? (i think) case and some harddrive probably 750gb seagate/wd

What I would like: To be able to use photoshop to for basic film stuff (crop, rotate, resize, a filter or two, etc), surf the interwebz, play d3

So is going with maybe a core i7, some motherboard, and all the bells and whistles fine/smart/wise, maybe small ssd and a larger regular harddrive? i do not want to go overboard nor insanely complicated nor expensive. i currently avoid using my computer and when have to, i use my iphone or work laptop. maybe budget around $1000ish. the less the better of course but i want to spend my money wisely and get some well made quality components.

Thanks a lot for any help. PM's appreciated as well.

Was really on the fence if i should start a new thread or not....any genuine advice appreciated. flaming and/or stupid pictures expected.

So I have a question....I have been saying for years that I will finally upgrade to a new computer once d3 comes out. The consensus used to be build a computer instead of buying. Should I still build over buying (I already bought an antec case and harddrive like 2 years ago, the harddrive may be obsolete) or is the price difference pointless now, as in is it still worth building one?

And if I am to build any basic suggestions you might have, because I went to fry's like a year ago to bite the bullet, but realized there were soooo many options and such I wanted to do more research. I am not spontaneous so actually making a decision and moving forward is difficult, especially with so many opinions, options, avenues, and constantly changing hardware.

What I have: a 7 year old sony viao desktop, a saitek keyboard, razr mouse, hd 23" monitor

What I bought: antec 900? (i think) case and some harddrive probably 750gb seagate/wd

What I would like: To be able to use photoshop to for basic film stuff (crop, rotate, resize, a filter or two, etc), surf the interwebz, play d3

So is going with maybe a core i7, some motherboard, and all the bells and whistles fine/smart/wise, maybe small ssd and a larger regular harddrive? i do not want to go overboard nor insanely complicated nor expensive. i currently avoid using my computer and when have to, i use my iphone or work laptop. maybe budget around $1000ish. the less the better of course but i want to spend my money wisely and get some well made quality components.

Thanks a lot for any help. PM's appreciated as well.

i feel making one would be cheaper, and for a gaming one, it would be. theres several places you look at for parts and then just compare. fry's like you mentioned, have big selection on everything, and even have open box deals which is nice. newegg or tiger direct online stores. just know what ya want goin into this. even check out ebay, they could have some steals for BIN prices. but these days everything is faster and bigger, i feel like you could buy a cheap assembled computer that could run d3 or new games.

• 1 month later...