POISON THE WELL - Opposite... & Tear... Reissues

http://www.the1stfive.com/news/poison-the-well-announce-reissues-of-the-opposite-of-december-and-tear-from-the-red

Rise Records and PTW are proud to announce the re-issue of The Opposite of December and Tear From The Red. Both albums have been out of print for years and will finally get a proper re-release this summer which will include limited edition double 12” gatefold vinyl, deluxe CD and low-priced digital album. Both albums will be re-mastered as well.

So essentially it's going to be like the double-LP reissues that Trustkill did a few years ago...but remastered now.

I'll definitely grab these. PTW used to be my favourite band, was stoked when I got to see them at Warper '03. I never bothered with the OG presses because CDs were enough for me back in high school.

I remember seeing them Warped Tour 03 as well. I bought one of their shirts that was like a favorite shirt to wear when I was in high school. It was a black t with grey art, that had a man being hung. I've since lost it.

I'll pick these up, I havent listened to them in forever...also somebody mentioned Trustkill. I forgot about TK, I looked them up and their now Bullet Tooth records. Who was part of the line up back in the day?

guess it depends on your definition of "back in the day," but in summation:

poison the well, 18 visions, harvest, most precious blood, hopesfall, throwdown, nora, terror, this is hell, open hand, spark lights the friction, walls of jericho, brothers keeper, endeavor, racetraitor / burn it down, shai hulud / another victim, etc., etc.

the label spiraled into an embarrassingly bad joke though.

I'll pick these up, I havent listened to them in forever...also somebody mentioned Trustkill. I forgot about TK, I looked them up and their now Bullet Tooth records. Who was part of the line up back in the day?

guess it depends on your definition of "back in the day," but in summation:

poison the well, 18 visions, harvest, most precious blood, hopesfall, throwdown, nora, terror, this is hell, open hand, spark lights the friction, walls of jericho, brothers keeper, endeavor, racetraitor / burn it down, shai hulud / another victim, etc., etc.

the label spiraled into an embarrassingly bad joke though.

Ok now its ringing a bell. I used to dig a few of their past artists.

I have both originals of these and the 2xlp gatefold set, always seem them around for sale. I'm not sure how much they can be improved from a remastering I loved the raw emotional sound of December and tear always sounded awesome back in the day. One of my favorite bands though of the last ten years and absolute crucial releases everyone should own.

I'll definitely grab these. PTW used to be my favourite band, was stoked when I got to see them at Warper '03. I never bothered with the OG presses because CDs were enough for me back in high school.

I remember seeing them Warped Tour 03 as well. I bought one of their shirts that was like a favorite shirt to wear when I was in high school. It was a black t with grey art, that had a man being hung. I've since lost it.

Ha, nice. I got one that had some kind of skull and roses on the front and it said "to die for" on the back. I've also since lost it, but I did wear it all the time.

My Trustkill 2xLP sounds great, so i won't get this. But, man, that roster for Trustkill was excellent at the time. Of course, i discovered all of it about 10 years too late.

Has Rise Records officially run out of local bands comprised of 16 year old emo kids to spend their money on? First they started signing bands that were actually doing something...and now they're rehashing (albeit AWESOME) records from the past that really aren't in high enough demand to require a repress?

This label dumbfounds me. I will buy these either way, because I love PTW.