Keasby Nights

Just did some googling and saw that the Catch 22 version was released on vinyl but not the Streetlight Manifesto version WHAT GIVES would love to have this classic on my turntable

Yikes dude. What are you even saying? The Catch 22 version is the "classic" version. The reason the Streetlight version isn't on vinyl is because Streetlight and Victory don't really get along.

Just did some googling and saw that the Catch 22 version was released on vinyl but not the Streetlight Manifesto version WHAT GIVES would love to have this classic on my turntable

Yikes dude. What are you even saying? The Catch 22 version is the "classic" version. The reason the Streetlight version isn't on vinyl is because Streetlight and Victory don't really get along.

From the streetlight version

"We wanted to get it right for once. Plus it helps me sleep at night knowing blood, sweat, and tears were put into a record as opposed to making people pay thirteen bucks for a record and they only get flashy new cover art. This release is a preemptive strike, I guess. Whatever you want to call it, it'll piss people off, and that, at the end of the day, is all that really matters.

If there's one thing I can't stand it's when a CD is re-released untouched sonically, with a new cover and maybe a live video, and kids are duped into buying this new edition of something they already have. I was upset when I was told the guys were going to do this for Keasbey, so I offered to re-record it because I've always thought it sounded like pure garbage sound-wise. Plus the budgets we get are laughable, particularly for a band with seven musicians to record. So we used some of our own money and took our time with this one. I'll tell you right now, we have no intent on hiding our intentions. We wanted to prevent the re-release of Keasbey untouched as well as get the record to sound how it should have sounded originally. For that we sacrificed months of our time and our money, and now we feel what we have is worth paying for. Although, truth be told, I don't care if a single record is sold, as it is indeed old music, and kids have a right to know what it is and to decide whether or not they'll pay for it. Do I think it's worth thirteen dollars? Yes, very much so, but that's my opinion. What other people decide, that's their own opinion. We're going to keep doing what we do whether or not a single record is sold"

Guest soulcrusher

Not true.

Guest soulcrusher
Thats always been pretty vague. I know they hate each other but I dont see why Victory wouldn't press it. They pressed every other one.

No.

Guest soulcrusher
I do too. Its leagues better.

I'm also confused why Victory never pressed the shit out of it.

Just a guess. It sucks ass.

Thats always been pretty vague. I know they hate each other but I dont see why Victory wouldn't press it. They pressed every other one.

No.

What're you saying no to? The fact that every other Streetlight record was pressed or the fact that Victory and Streetlight don't get along? Because they don't..

Streetlight was loads better, sure sound quality may have been better with Catch 22 but it was Streelight first anyways and that is the original in my opinion. Man I want this vinyl.

Guest soulcrusher

What're you saying no to? The fact that every other Streetlight record was pressed or the fact that Victory and Streetlight don't get along? Because they don't..

he's trolling, don't feed him.

I'm not trolling you douchebag, I just don't like you.

he's trolling, don't feed him.

I'm not trolling you douchebag, I just don't like you.

People have little idea of what is and isn't trolling any more. Now it basically boils down to having an unpopular opinion on the internet. It's as if the weather man is a troll for telling you there is a 90% chance of rain even though you were hoping for a sunny day.