I was wondering what all of you thought about 7"s, I tend to never buy them because they usually have a short playing time and it's kind of irritating to me. I definitely will never buy singles on vinyl but sometimes I'll break for splits and EPs.

What do you all think? I know a lot of you on here use the cheaper cost to collect variants on 7"s but I'm all about whats in the grooves so it doesn't make much sense to me. I'm curious to hear from you all though.

Thoughts?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering what all of you thought about 7"s, I tend to never buy them because they usually have a short playing time and it's kind of irritating to me. I definitely will never buy singles on vinyl but sometimes I'll break for splits and EPs.

What do you all think? I know a lot of you on here use the cheaper cost to collect variants on 7"s but I'm all about whats in the grooves so it doesn't make much sense to me. I'm curious to hear from you all though.

Thoughts?

I don't think about them---I just buy them. There are many 7"s with exclusive b-sides or tracks that are only available on that format. My biggest complaint is that the cost of a 7" is a bit out of control. You shouldn't have to pay more than $5 for a 7".

Guest soulcrusher

Schooled. Sorry man.

But seriously, how many threads involve a post like "typical noob thread"? Just sayin.

Schooled. Sorry man.

But seriously, how many threads involve a post like "typical noob thread"? Just sayin.

Just the threads that have been started hundreds of times on this board before, and they always happen to be by noobs... So yeah. I'm guessing mainly only those threads.

Guest soulcrusher

But does some douche need to point it out every time? Not that I'm calling anyone a douche here, I'm just saying.

Guest soulcrusher
But does some douche need to point it out every time? Not that I'm calling anyone a douche here, I'm just saying.

I'll point it out every time some douche makes a thread about it.

Quick, go tell all your friends, you're a douche!

You never give up do you?

On topic: buy 7"s and listen to them. Who cares if they are short time-wise...kinda sounds like a cop out imho.

Guest soulcrusher
I will never give up. Until I OD. Thanks for asking.

Man, you're so cool.

I know. And so are you for pointing this out.