Rubber Slipmats

Anybody know of places that can do custom Rubber Slipmats? I'm guessing the process would be to just simply dye the rubber. Not really a huge fan of the felt slip mats that everyone is printing on with the heat pressing plastisol inks and wanted to see if anyone else has had any decent experiences with the rubber mats. I love the stock ones that come on record players and want to re-create these.

Try searching "anti-static slipmats" They are runner based to keep the record spinning with the platter and ground the static. Kind of like Ash's gloves to handle his Pikachu!

Kind of weird how felt mats were made primarily for DJs and became the norm for just all TTs.

love the the pokemon reference! haha, with try searching a little more with that name and see what I can come up with manufacturing. Thanks

http://www.glowtronics-store.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=221&category_id=29&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=172

They do larger quantities, and also do green glow. Or non glow at all if you wanna be lame.

The quality of these mats are amazing. They aren't quite like those flimsy felt mats. They're kinda thicker and stiffer and the printing on them is different. I can't really describe the material these are made of. But I think you'll like these. I never used their custom service but I'm currently using their iPhone design on my turntable. The print quality of all their mats up close is beautiful.

BTW... Rubber mats are not inherently anti-static... a true anti static mat will discharge a record's static charge... rubber mats just don't pick up a static charge because they are... well, rubber.

don't see anything rubber on there. the one item of interest that i could probably swing money-wise on that page is the RingMat:

http://www.needledoctor.com/Ringmat-330-XLR-Record-Mat?sc=2&category=420

But i'm not entirely sold on it. I'm real concerned about static, which is part of why I was thinking rubber would be a good way to go. Anyone have this mat though and have any thoughts?

http://www.glowtronics-store.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=221& category_id=29&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=172

They do larger quantities, and also do green glow. Or non glow at all if you wanna be lame.

The quality of these mats are amazing. They aren't quite like those flimsy felt mats. They're kinda thicker and stiffer and the printing on them is different. I can't really describe the material these are made of. But I think you'll like these. I never used their custom service but I'm currently using their iPhone design on my turntable. The print quality of all their mats up close is beautiful.

BTW... Rubber mats are not inherently anti-static... a true anti static mat will discharge a record's static charge... rubber mats just don't pick up a static charge because they are... well, rubber.

awesome, this just want I was looking for, at least something different. I'm gonna buy some to test them out and see what I think. Really, really appreciate the help man!

I have a problem with record static, can these really DISCHARGE the static? I'm having trouble believing but I would drop for an antistatic mat if thats the case

I've been using slip mats as art to hang on the walls. I love the slip mats I have but I also love the look of the white acrylic platter that my turntable has more. It's like I have colored vinyl on there all the time. Oh well, they look good as art too well except for the cork Music Hall slip mat that I bought, used once and never used again. Great slip mat though. Don't use rubber, get the Music Hall cork.

I have a problem with record static, can these really DISCHARGE the static? I'm having trouble believing but I would drop for an antistatic mat if thats the case

They do but they're pricey. My recommendation is, don't bother. Once the static is discharged, you would still have to brush away the dust upon the surface, and guess what.... carbon fiber brushes are much more effective at discharging static.

Also, I would imagine an anti static mat may have some detrimental effect on a sensitive moving coil cart.

You could also try the zerostat gun. pricey but it works. I have a vintage one from it's first production run (over 30 years ago) although I literally never use it. Thinking of selling it. New ones run $100+ I believe.

Just get a carbon fiber brush. Less than $20. Be sure to touch something metal (your receiver?) to ground yourself for the full effect.

http://www.glowtronics-store.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=221& category_id=29&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=172

awesome, this just want I was looking for, at least something different. I'm gonna buy some to test them out and see what I think. Really, really appreciate the help man!

You're welcome man, I'd love to see what you come up with and the final result, since I have no experience with their custom service, although I have thought about doing so in the past. Bonus points if you show it glowing through some of your nicest colored vinyl :)

I've been using slip mats as art to hang on the walls. I love the slip mats I have but I also love the look of the white acrylic platter that my turntable has more. It's like I have colored vinyl on there all the time. Oh well, they look good as art too well except for the cork Music Hall slip mat that I bought, used once and never used again. Great slip mat though. Don't use rubber, get the Music Hall cork.

Am I reading this right that you dont use your cork slipmat anymore? If not, PM me a PPD cost if youre willing to sell it.

Am I reading this right that you dont use your cork slipmat anymore? If not, PM me a PPD cost if youre willing to sell it.

It actually never occurred to me to try and resell it. Let me take a look at it again to make sure nothing happened when I stored it and I will get back to you. Also have to figure out how much shipping is from Canada to the US. I buy shit but not sell and most people up the price so I don't know what the real shipping price would be.

Oh and it's the exact same one in the link you posted. Not a reproduction in case you were wondering or cared.

It actually never occurred to me to try and resell it. Let me take a look at it again to make sure nothing happened when I stored it and I will get back to you. Also have to figure out how much shipping is from Canada to the US. I buy shit but not sell and most people up the price so I don't know what the real shipping price would be.

Oh and it's the exact same one in the link you posted. Not a reproduction in case you were wondering or cared.

Dont really care if its a reproduction to be honest. Im pretty intrigued of the idea of a cork slipmat. Figured since you have one and dont use it, maybe you would like to make some of your dough back on it.