E32012 Discussion Thread (includes conference schedule and stream links)

Star Wars 1313 looks insane, i think a lot of people were under the impression it was a PC only game (at least if it were to look how it did in the demo) but more details are coming out about the demo being played on a PC representing the kind of hardware we should expect the next gen consoles to offer and that it's in fact being built for them. Fuck me i can't wait for some news about the next load of consoles now.

Also Watch Dogs... wow!

they're not at E3 this year.

I don't think they've gone in a while.

I'm pretty sure they are, they're on the list of exhibitors and have been talking about how they're not going to announce anything interesting at E3 this year...but they also said that once before when they made a surprise announcement. The whole build up has been about whether they would announce HL3 or not.

Looks like they just ended up just setting up a couple booths and did nothing interesting...nice...

Watch Dogs is the highlight for me out of everything shown so far.

I just watched the trailer, this looks amazing. First thing that struck me was the surprisingly decent writing and voiceover.

I still can't quite get a handle on how the gameplay works for the entire game but it certainly looks great.

I just watched the trailer, this looks amazing. First thing that struck me was the surprisingly decent writing and voiceover.

I still can't quite get a handle on how the gameplay works for the entire game but it certainly looks great.

I'm very impressed that they took the sandbox genre and really upped the ante beyond just visuals. I love GTA but aside from being aesthetically advanced the gameplay has remained relatively the same.

I'm pretty sure they are, they're on the list of exhibitors and have been talking about how they're not going to announce anything interesting at E3 this year...but they also said that once before when they made a surprise announcement. The whole build up has been about whether they would announce HL3 or not.

Looks like they just ended up just setting up a couple booths and did nothing interesting...nice...

Yes, sorry, I remember seeing this article, but didn't recall exactly what it said...

http://www.joystiq.c...012-will-be-at/

So yes, they are there, however no product announcements. But they are there.

Does anyone remember Overstrike from E3 2011? There hasn't been any update on that from Insomniac about it, but they've talked about their Ratchet and Clank Collection that's coming out in September and the Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault which isn't coming out for a while either.

But it seems like Overstrike should be close to done by now, but still no update... or maybe I'm impatient, anyway, has anyone heard anything about it?

Yeah for sure. I like the seamless cutaways as well. Can't wait to play a demo and see how this really works.

i hope youre patient because its going to be on the next generation. does look awesome though but i wonder how its gonna work with real AI, a fully loaded city and not running off the most expensive PC available but on an actual console or dev kit.

My guess is that it's gonna cost more than their traditionally casual market is willing to shell out, so they are trying to create demand before breaking the bad news.

Sadly, I agree. With all the tech behind it there's no way it's going to be any less than $300. If they manage to squeeze it below that I will be pleasantly surprised.

Sadly, I agree. With all the tech behind it there's no way it's going to be any less than $300. If they manage to squeeze it below that I will be pleasantly surprised.

299$ is safe i think just 50$ than the Wii release price and it was hard to find until march the year after. it sold out everywhere.

but i think 329 or something like that is more likely. theyll play on the fact that you donnt need to buy extra controllers and shit

if you already have a wii

Yes, sorry, I remember seeing this article, but didn't recall exactly what it said...

http://www.joystiq.c...012-will-be-at/

So yes, they are there, however no product announcements. But they are there.

Yeah I both love and hate their trolling abilities lol. I'm pretty sure in an interview, Gabe Newell was talking about HL3 but calling it something different, there was someone on the team that made a custom HL3 shirt as well lol. I was still hoping they would announce a new Portal/HL as surprises because they seem to like keeping things a secret till the last minute, but it looks like they are waiting for the new consoles to release it.

Yeah I both love and hate their trolling abilities lol. I'm pretty sure in an interview, Gabe Newell was talking about HL3 but calling it something different, there was someone on the team that made a custom HL3 shirt as well lol. I was still hoping they would announce a new Portal/HL as surprises because they seem to like keeping things a secret till the last minute, but it looks like they are waiting for the new consoles to release it.

to be honest, I'm not a fan of theirs. their online service is great, but their games do nothing for me. And the one game I did like (Day of Defeat), they bought and abandoned. thanks for nothing Valve.

I don't like Left 4 Dead or Counter-Strike at all, or DotA either, but Portal has some of the best level design I've ever seen and it's short but brilliant in my opinion. Also enjoyed Half-Life 2 a lot, the only FPS with aliens I've really enjoyed. I think if they get HL3 right, which they should after this long, it'll be the best SP shooter campaign of all time. I'm also counting on them joining Portal and Half-Life together for their 3rd installments, though I think that parts more of just a fan base dream and won't end up happening hahah.

Fair enough not liking them, everyone has their opinions. I'd probably be crucified by some people for thinking Mass Effect is shitty.